GDR1 Waiting room.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
There was no delay whatsoever. The update started in Q4 just like MS said.

It could be October, but instead it was December. Also, people quite forget that also some actual delays may occur, which is mostly related to testing issues, however people seem to forget that faulty software/firmware may damage their phone.

Chill. Peace.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm very disappointed I am not able to get this yet. I know there was a front page article saying this update was not a big deal, but for me the update to internet explorer is huge. I was using the preview for developers but it was so unstable that I had to go back. IE is so far behind mobile safari and chrome, (maybe even behind 2012 versions).

The fact that they keep releasing all of these different lumia models certainly doesn't help get the firmware and updates out sooner. I must say this is certainly is more convenient for Apple not to worry about 10 variants of the iphonefor each update.

The really should just have a low, mid, and high end lumias.

End rant!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm very disappointed I am not able to get this yet. I know there was a front page article saying this update was not a big deal, but for me the update to internet explorer is huge. I was using the preview for developers but it was so unstable that I had to go back. IE is so far behind mobile safari and chrome, (maybe even behind 2012 versions).

The fact that they keep releasing all of these different lumia models certainly doesn't help get the firmware and updates out sooner. I must say this is certainly is more convenient for Apple not to worry about 10 variants of the iphonefor each update.

The really should just have a low, mid, and high end lumias.

End rant!

The PFD is the same exact OS build you'd get from a carrier. If its "buggy" reset the device and try again.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 820 is not Indian variant. But I am using it in India. I set region to India from the first use of my phone. I got Cyan update as per Indian release date even my firmware version number is Indian . But I am not getting the Denim update now, it is released in India 2 weeks ago. Can any body help me what is the problem?

alanjg86

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have L1320 India Version RM 994 with Denim Update. I don't find any GDR 1 update till date. Will they give GDR 1 for all Denim updated phones or they directly get us in Windows 10 ?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have L1320 India Version RM 994 with Denim Update. I don't find any GDR 1 update till date. Will they give GDR 1 for all Denim updated phones or they directly get us in Windows 10 ?

Update 1 corresponds to Denim. If you truly have Denim, that means you also have Update/GDR 1.

You won't be seeing Update 2 however, your model will be skipping to 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monday Moods