GDR2 is now on the way!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
its coming on the 1020 and also the 925 and will be coming to the rest of us within the next two to three weeks or so.

KrightonX

May 22, 2013
Visit site
We need a petition to get the ******* Carriers out of the update process. Verizon can **** up a polish wet dream, they're all idiots. This shouldn't take until August. It's obviously ready now.

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
FYI the update on the windows phone page means it has just RTM. If you have an unlocked phone, as soon as manufacturers approve it, you can download it. If you have a carrier locked phone, chances are you're in for a long wait as networks have to approve it too.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
FYI the update on the windows phone page means it has just RTM. If you have an unlocked phone, as soon as manufacturers approve it, you can download it. If you have a carrier locked phone, chances are you're in for a long wait as networks have to approve it too.

Have things changed then because this CERTAINLY wasn't the case at least with the lumia 920 - quite the opposite actually.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
We need a petition to get the ******* Carriers out of the update process. Verizon can **** up a polish wet dream, they're all idiots. This shouldn't take until August. It's obviously ready now.

The point is it's not ready... everything Microsoft has to do on their end is finished, but there is still work to be done by the manufacturers and carriers. You are complaining about the situation because you don't understand it. You actually sound very silly right now.

iHusky

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Phhh Download music will be not avalibe for Poland again :( When they get wi-fi syncing between xbox music in 8.1 and music in WP8?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My phone is updating now on Verizon, US. Please tell me it will fix the Bluetooth issues. Also happy to hear about the improved Xbox music.

Possibly because you have a new phone? If you don't mind, would you please post a screenshot of your About page under Settings? Make sure you open More Info before capturing the screenshot. Thanks.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Have things changed then because this CERTAINLY wasn't the case at least with the lumia 920 - quite the opposite actually.

So you're saying that my unlocked Samsung ATIV S that I'm using on O2 has to wait for O2 to approve the update?

That's simply not the case, Samsung get the update from Microsoft, approve it and it gets pushed out to unlocked Samsung Windows Phones.

bhiranya

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
LoL Just had to share this:

My buddy asks me if I got the update to fix my Group Texting issues (Lumia 928 on Verizon, major feature hobbling in my opinion),

me: Nope, its RTM so rumored to be coming at some point
him: LoL.. um.. so is Jesus..

Smug B******. Especially given that he's on VZW with a droid.

All joking aside though, I would be a lot more patient with updates because they're mostly minor or under the hood improvements or feature enhancements that I could live without (or not even notice), just would be nice to have. But when it is 'rumored' to fix a Major issue, a feature that I rely heavily upon, well then I don't think my body will be capable of keeping up with my anxious nail biting till it arrives.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as EE here in the UK goes today, I exchanged an email or two via twitter and they confirmed with me that they do NOT yet have the dates for this update from the manufacturer (MS/Nokia) . The previous question/tweet to EE from me prior to the ones in the screen grab was simply "@EE any word on the next round of 'Amber' software updates for your flagship Nokia Lumia devices?"

I used the term Amber knowing that is to be bundled with GDR2, don't get yer panties in a bunch about that confusion.. I know the deal with the two already.. :)
ee wpc capture.PNG

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
EE need to get with the WP program IMO, they're lacking MyEE and EE Wifi apps for our platform (and they had the bloomin' Lumia 920 exclusive)!

Yet the one which will make them money (EE Film) has already been made... figures!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)