GDR3 and Lumia Black/Bittersweet in the UK?

harrywilde

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone received or heard anything of the coming updates for Windows Phone, I have a Lumia 920 and am interested to know when GDR3 and nokia's update to go with it will be arriving in the UK, I am on tescomobile/o2, will it arrive on all carriers at once in the UK? I am new to window phone and the way it is updated so any information is appreciated, thanks! 😊

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it should be early next year as sejgiul said. Unfortunately the way these OTA updates work, it's the carriers/networks that deliver the update to their own network. They like to test it thoroughly before releasing it. This is why some networks pushed down the updates to their phones, weeks or even sometimes months ahead of others. It can be very frustrating, when people are getting the updates at different times. I'm on the EE network and we had to wait longer than most other networks here in the UK to receive the Amber update. Some networks such as AT&T in the US were made to wait much longer than this.

With the last update which was Amber, Nokia had a page on their website, which showed the status of the update for different phones and networks. You can see this page here. I would think they will do the same thing with the Black update.

harrywilde

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Ah ok I understand thanks for the link, I look forward to it, especially the rotation lock feature as I feel it is stupid it is missing in the first place haha, I just hope O2 is kind and gives us the update quickly 😆

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte