Gestures in windows phone 8? And what is live apps?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. On the live apps. Article on the wpcentral page
http://m.windowscentral.com/what-are-live-apps-coming-windows-phone-8

It says swipe down Left and right To explore love apps. Could it be windows 8 gestures like swipe left. for recent apps. And left for maybe charms but without the start button. And maybe swipe down from the top to close app. And Swipe up go reveal nodifications so what do you think are these the same gestures from windows 8

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Swipe left and right to navigate the apps, tho WP8 may also add new gestures like 6.5 and 7 did but it's all unclear till the 29th.

gzlesk

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the important thing is right now to explore apps from the start screen you cannot swipe right. I think swiping from the right will do one of two things.
1. Bring up the charms bar
2. Bring up the previous app you had open
Both of these things I think will improve the user experience. If you look at BB10 they have alot of gestures in it and I think they look cool. If WP8 has gestures, in my mind it will be the best OS in the world.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the important thing is right now to explore apps from the start screen you cannot swipe right. I think swiping from the right will do one of two things.
1. Bring up the charms bar
2. Bring up the previous app you had open
Both of these things I think will improve the user experience. If you look at BB10 they have alot of gestures in it and I think they look cool. If WP8 has gestures, in my mind it will be the best OS in the world.

Nah. I think swiping e left side will do recent apps. And the right side will most likely do charms. But how about the top and button swipe?

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, I would love parity between Window's 8 and WP. In Windows 8, if I swipe from the left screen to right it will cycle through my aps. If I swipe from right screen to left it will bring up the charms. Top to bottom will close and ap.

But I don't know how well this would translate to the screen the size of a phone. Top to bottom should scroll on a phone. Unless they did a region where If you start your swipe within the top 5% of the screen it will close the app, but if you start your swipe within the bottom 90% of the screen it would scroll. I think they could do a left to right swipe to cycle through aps. But I don't think a charms like swipe in Windows 8 would work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss