Getting back to Windows 10 Mobile | HTC One M7 >> Lumia 650 or 950

Bookinald

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

At the beginning of this year I've changed my Nokia Lumia 920 to HTC One M7. But lately I've started to miss Windows and Android is annoying me, because with it's lagging, restarting and freezing, it isn't so frequent but still annoying. For example lately I've got around 5k text messages in inbox and it took around 5 seconds to open messages and another 5 to start typing without lags. I know I could delete them (which I did) but as I remember I've got the same ammount (or more) on my 920 and it was working smooth. Also it eats battery like it would be a very teasty dish when I'm using Cellular Data.
I would like to try Windows again but I'm afraid that Lumia 650 could be a big downgrade, because of hardware, but its price is very nice compered to 950.
I usually use phone for internet, mailing, sms and taking photos I don't play any games lately. I'm wondering if someone know which camera is better the one in 650 or m7 ( HTC is taking very good pictures and with HDR it isn't scared of dark/shadowed places). The contiuum sounds nice but probably I won't use it frequently, also Iris recognition sounds fun but well it's just a bonus feature.
What do You guys thing is it worth to get Lumia 650, wait for a good deal with 950 or still stuck with HTC.

The thing that I look is to have

• Smooth performence (no lags, freezing)
  • Good camera (to make nice pictures from trips)
  • Good battery performence, so I don't have to worry that it would be depleted after some minutes on internet.

Kind regards,
Bookinald

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
950 range is best for great photos and smooth performance. I stepped from 830 to 950 and the 950 is how Windows 10 is supposed to run. There are already good deals around.

However people like the 650 and it is quite a bit cheaper. Perhaps others with a 650 can comment on W10 performance.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the 650 and I love it, but it is a cheap phone. I had the Windows One M8 and the 650 is slower than that phone to open certain apps, websites, etc. However - and I don't know how to describe it perfectly - other than having a slower processor, it seems to do everything else better and feels like a much newer, sleeker phone. The camera is fine, but not great.

I think the 650 and 950 both work exactly as you would expect from their prices. I have no regrets getting the 650, but it really depends how much phone you want.

Bookinald

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
950 range is best for great photos and smooth performance. I stepped from 830 to 950 and the 950 is how Windows 10 is supposed to run. There are already good deals around.

However people like the 650 and it is quite a bit cheaper. Perhaps others with a 650 can comment on W10 performance.

950 would be awesome, I've read a lot of good things about it's performance and camera and it is having a lot of great features. It would definitely not lag with that hardware. I need to know how much I will get for my HTC.
How's the battery in 950 how much it last when You use a lot of cellular data?

I have the 650 and I love it, but it is a cheap phone. I had the Windows One M8 and the 650 is slower than that phone to open certain apps, websites, etc. However - and I don't know how to describe it perfectly - other than having a slower processor, it seems to do everything else better and feels like a much newer, sleeker phone. The camera is fine, but not great.

I think the 650 and 950 both work exactly as you would expect from their prices. I have no regrets getting the 650, but it really depends how much phone you want.

That's good news, someone told me to look for 650 also but I thought it would be slacking off with that parameters. While dealing with android I forgot that Windows doesn't need a superior hardware to run smooth. There is a possibility that one of the stores would like to change my HTC to 650 without any price. About the camera I'm not a demanding customer I was pleased with the performance of 920 camera and also with M7, can 650 camera be compared to this two? Or are they or different levels?
Same here, how is your opinion about the battery? :)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a 950xl and my wife the 950 and we generally get a whole day and only charge at night, but if we have very heavy usage then need a charger by dinner time. Heavy phone calls is fine - it's more the web that kills things, probably because that uses lots of CPU.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster