Getting rid of stock photos from "photos" live tile

Nathan Maas

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there wpcentral. I have been following and reading this forum for a while now in anticipation of getting myself a windows phone. I finally purchased the Nokia Lumia 925 and I LOVE it! But I have a question about the live tile for the "photos" app. It shows only some stock photos that I didn't take, and that I can't even find on my phone. I know that a couple of them I have seen in the instructional demo for the camera app but some of them I have only seen flash on the live tile. I would prefer it to be images of my daughters and not some random train or kid playing soccer.

The only other question I have, I think I already know the answer to but I'm asking it anyway.. The only thing I miss from my galaxy s2 is the sype keyboard.. Is that possible on this device now or will it be in the future? Thanks ahead of time folks..

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Select some photos you have taken as "favourites" and these will cycle on the live time of the photos hub. Plus, the "favourites" tab of the photos hub will give you quick access to the photos you like.

Nathan Maas

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I already tried that. It didn't work. I tried restarting the phone. I tried unpining it. I tried taging a few with names. I saved some to the phone and to onedrive. nogo

thequackin

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
The only other question I have, I think I already know the answer to but I'm asking it anyway.. The only thing I miss from my galaxy s2 is the sype keyboard.. Is that possible on this device now or will it be in the future? Thanks ahead of time folks..

I heard the swipe-keyboard will be implemented on the next update, WP8.1.

The stock photos are hidden and can only be found in the lock screen settings.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If you delete the stock photos from your phone and on OneDrive in case they appear up there, they should vanish before too long. I had this same issue with each of my Lumias, but the pictures disappear quickly.

Nathan Maas

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I hope swype comes.. and I hope I can get the update when it comes..
As for the stock photos, I found the backgrounds in the lock screen settings but those are not the photos that show up in the live tiles..

Nathan Maas

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
If you delete the stock photos from your phone and on OneDrive in case they appear up there, they should vanish before too long. I had this same issue with each of my Lumias, but the pictures disappear quickly.

So you are saying that if I delete them, eventually they will disappear from the live tile? Because I have already deleted them and they are still showing up.. I hope you are right, I hope I wake up tomorrow and they no longer show up.. I suppose I will let you know.

Might as well shamelessly plug my website..
threestarsmarketing.com

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
So you are saying that if I delete them, eventually they will disappear from the live tile? Because I have already deleted them and they are still showing up.. I hope you are right, I hope I wake up tomorrow and they no longer show up.. I suppose I will let you know.

threestarsmarketing.com

If you loaded the Nokia camera app and adjusted settings, open photo app\albums\saved photos and make sure they are not in there also. Also, the sample images, delete the album they came in if you haven't already.

I've had this happen before but to answer your question, yes eventually the photo tile will update and remove the deleted photos from the tile queue.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

threestarsmarketing.com

They should. It worked for me with my Lumia 810, Lumia 920 and most recently, Lumia 925. I had them appearing in my 925 when I got it at the end of February and deleted the pics directly from the phone. Using the Nokia Smart Cam camera brought up a few of the action shots into my camera roll later, so I ended up deleting those from my OneDrive account. Afterward, all of the pics stopped appearing on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS