Getting XBox one to India

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

what is voltage in India? US xbox one has power brick only for 120V. EU Xbox One power is 100-240V.

And what comes to other things, PAL etc... doesn't matter, the xbox console is identical all over the world, only power brick is different (US vs. rest of the world). Of course the TV functions most probably won't work, but who cares.

Games are region free so no problem there either.

Kinshuk Arya

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

what is voltage in India? US xbox one has power brick only for 120V. EU Xbox One power is 100-240V.

And what comes to other things, PAL etc... doesn't matter, the xbox console is identical all over the world, only power brick is different (US vs. rest of the world). Of course the TV functions most probably won't work, but who cares.

Games are region free so no problem there either.

India is on 220V for a US xbox to work in India we need to get a 220Vto110V converter or a replacement 110V power supply both are available in plenty...

true about the region unlocks.... plus in TV functionality also the normal HDMI-IN works the only problem comes when you use the TV guide.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I learned that there are power brick exchange available through xbox.com. So you could buy US xbox and then exchange the power brick.

It is said that those "non-official" power shouldn't be used and there is no official ones yet available. But that exchange process should do the trick (and it was with modest cost also).

This part below is copied from xbox.com forum (and it was followed by a note from this guy that he received his power and everything went fine):

Here is what I came up with:

1. Try to remember an old friend of yours in one of the “supported” and 220V countries

2. Go to myservice.xbox.com

3. Log in an register the console you bought in the US

4. Go to Devices->Xbox One->Replace an accessory

5. Pick “Power supply”, and click “Next”

6. Now you will be presented with an option of replacing your current supply with a new one. That’s not what you want to do. Oddly enough, click on “Select an accessory not shown”

7. Now you will be able to actually order a new power supply

8. Enter your friend’s address and other data

9. Chose the proper locale in the upper right corner – it shouldn’t be “United States”, unless you want another 110V power supply

10. Accept all terms & conditions, follow the instructions, and enter your credit card number

11. Ask your friend to send you the power supply.

Now if you live in a "supported" country, but you just bought the console in the US, you can skip steps 1 and 11
smile.gif
I live in a country that is not supported, but the voltage & plugs are the same as in Germany. So I did exactly what I wrote above, and a German-compatible power supply has been shipped to my friend's address in Germany.

Now, this didn't come from Xbox support, it's something I came up with, and I don't know the results until I really get the supply in my hands, so do it on your own risk. However, I am reasonably confident the things will play out well.

deepak jnair

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys,

After long searches, i got one xbox one gamer forum in india..cheers..

So whats up with you guys..Hope you guys are enjoying the games...

Regards
DJ

deepak jnair

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi Deepak, Did you imported your Xbox One? If yes from where? And is everything working fine?

Hi Amolnw, yes its working fine. I got it from US.

The games are working fine, and you might have to register with a US address for xbox live.(for you to access xbox live market place and latest games).

And some apps(for eg: xbox videos, HBO etc are region specific). We have to look out for indian versions when it releases.

Lastly you have to get a 220V PSU. (Power brick of UK will work).

THanks

amolnw

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi Deepak,
Thanks for the info. Can you let me know from where did you get the 220v adapter? Like link or something. The ones available on eBay or amazon are 10.8A vs the xbox original one which is 17.9A one. also if I plan to use step down transformer, do you know what power it should be of?

deepak jnair

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi AmolNw,

I have ordered a 250V PSU from Uk and go it thru my friend.

You need to login to myservice.xbox.com and change ur region or order it.(30 Dollars).

Otherwise an alternative option (which you need to do at your own risk is )use a step down transformer. 250W..110-220 Step down

kumarabhishek1681

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi Siddharth,

Need help to get some info in Xbox one, actually I am planning to buy Xbox one with Konect. Just wanted to make sure few things before buying it:

1. Will it work in India?
2. If I register in US (wanted to run first in US & test it), can I able to access in India or I may have to create another a/c in order to play in India?
3. Will the US game CD (purchased in US) work in India?
4. Can we able to connect the xbox live from India? I heard the network speed must be 4 Mbs.
5. Can be get the power convert in Bangalore or can I purchase from US (if any)?
6. Can we connect the Tata Sky HD?

Sorry about the above lot many queries.
Just wanted to make sure if I buy it & back to India, it should work fine.
Please help me out, if you know anything more related to this please let me know.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077