Glance problem

vulgrim

May 20, 2014
Visit site
My glance screen is upside down , i can't set a picture as glance background ( i set a picture background on lock screen ), there is no that switch to use it , i don't use remote desktop , hard reset didn't do the trick , reinstalling glance didn't help too , i don' use podcast , only tubecast might be the problem o_O thank you for your help

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If a hard reset didn't solve it, it could be a software issue. Immediately after the hard reset without any app installs was the glance screen still inverted or did it start happening later in the usage cycle?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I found below remarks on some forums.
So Movie Moments and the Ms podcast app and Fresh Paint can do it.

Turns out my Glance screen flipped upside down if I was viewing my podcast video with the phone tilted to the LEFT. I flipped the podcast video to the RIGHT, then hit the power button and the Glance screen corrected itself.

To fix this, Just open MOVIE MOMENTS, flip the screen and close, open app manager and close MMoments.

fresh paint might be the culprit
open the app, turn off rotation lock and invert the app, then exit.
I guess it should work.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
And the second part of the question. It is not possible to set a picture on glance screen. You can let it show time notifications and if you have the Weather app also the weather. But as I said no pictures. The only way to have always a picture on your screen is to change the lock screen setting.

vulgrim

May 20, 2014
Visit site
This happened in the usage cycle , i don't use any app you mentioned , and for the picture thingy , i tought last glance update brought glance background image

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Good that you found the culpit (one more on the list).
The last glance update made it possible to add the weather to the glance screen. And thanks for the feedback.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
It is not possible to set a picture on glance screen.

For the OP to be completely clear, the latest update for Glance that allowed us to use our normal lockscreen picture as out Glance picture *was made available only for 720p+ devices".

That means that so far at least, the 620, 720, 810, 820 and 822 can't use this feature. Maybe they let us use it in the future, since the Glance Background Beta app worked perfectly on my L820 at least.

This thread is in the 620 forum.

Although I cant see how that is relevant, I think I've seen that issue come up before, I don't know a solution off the top of my head.

About that ... I posted the question from the WCentral phone app, so I didn't see on what forum it was posted on :D

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Cryio,
Thank you for the good information.

Yes, The WCentral windows phone App does not display what forum the post was posted on. I thought the comment by xandros9 was surprising. Maybe the other apps do show it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital