Glance Screen Settings

gmannewt

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping someone can help me. I have build 390. When I go to glance screen settings under extras, I press on the button for glance screen, menu opens up for a second, then closes.it continues to do this. Was working fine, all of a sudden glance stopped working and I have the above mentioned menu problems.
Thanks

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine has just started background pic on glance automatically...weird...i did no update or anything...earlier back ground button on glance was greyed out...not suddenly on it's on it started

gmannewt

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention, multiple soft resets. I wont do another hard reset. Im a hardhead and don't believe I should have to do hard resets on something that is supposed to work.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, your comment in post 5 'Im a hardhead and don't believe I should have to do hard resets on something that is supposed to work', doesn't give much confidence to would be helpers.
If you go to settings > system > about, click 'more info' and what is your OS build?
Also if you go to the store and check 'downloads and updates', does it show any updates for Glance?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Try this:-
1.) Go to Settings > System > Storage > This device/SD card > Apps & games.
2.) In the first, search box, type "Glance screen" OR scroll down the list until you find it.
3.) Once found, tap on it and click Uninstall.
4.) Then re-install the same Glance screen app from the Store. Get it here.

Then go back to Settings and see if the glance settings under Extras are working or not. Hope that helps.

gmannewt

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Core build is listed above, I cant copy and paste it. There are no updates avail. I went to the storage setting and the uninstall button is greyed out and I cannot press it.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I wont do another hard reset. Im a hardhead and don't believe I should have to do hard resets on something that is supposed to work.

Do a hard reset. It does not matter whether you feel you should not have to. You have to do a hard reset. Like someone else mentioned, that comment does not really give people a reason to help you out if you are unwilling to do what will fix it.

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Putting my experiences with this problem for anyone else who encounters it.

Had same problem w/ a new phone (warranty replacement w/ clean install) where the Glance app won't load or, when it does, all options are grayed out. Here's what happened:
1. Got a notification that Glance needed to update.
2. Glance stopped working.
3. System updated to latest OS (.420), and Glance still not working.
4. Unable to uninstall Glance from Storage/Apps (thanks for the suggestion, Deepak)
5. Did a hard reset
Glance working now.

Unfortunately I did not see this post about removing the battery before I ran a hard reset: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950/411738-glance-crashing.html#post3410120, so I don't know if that would have worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12