Going back to w8.1m , but still miss w10 ...

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
After a 2 week battery problem with Non-Insider 1607 build, finally, i decided to rollback to windows 8.1 from w10m.

I really don't want to do this, but Alas! MS makes me to do this ...

The main reason is slow battery charging with genuine charger...
You can see the Full Charging time which is correct not simulated.

Batery problem.jpg

I still can't wait for the next tuesday patch it is enough for me to waiting for the proper battery backup with Genuine Charger.

I just going to check that ," Is it my phone's OS problem OR Charger Problem".
If Rollback solve my issue then I'll update this post for other users like me.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/444367-wdrt-bug;-rollback-8-1-a.html

Last edited:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
After Rolling Back:-​ I got this screen after configuration of my Lumia 535 which proves the defect in Hardware(i think charging slot replaced by MS Care while swapping my speakers) NOT software : -
wp_ss_20161106_0001[1].png
https://s16.postimg.org/yp9maqe05/wp_ss_20161107_0002.png
Apart , It reminds me the first day of my mobile .
  • Bouncing effect on Lock Screen ;D.
  • Smoother performance than its predecessor.
  • Bing vision rocks.
  • HERE maps are much better than w10's version.

What I really miss now is the:-
  • Action Center of w10m.

And this rollback Model named as Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual Sim instead of 'Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual Sim Black'...
Is it affect my phone's OS??

Last edited:

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
After Rolling Back:-​ I got this screen after configuration of my Lumia 535 which proves the defect in Hardware(i think charging slot replaced by MS Care while swapping my speakers)

I get a similar message (but different :wink:) on my 830 after installing 10 and don't recall it being an issue or present w/8.1, unless using a flaky USB cable. Yes, the original charger is 1.5A yet plugging phone into a 1.0A charger or PC USB port never caused a prompt as such in the past, not that I recall. Either way, other than slower charging it still works fine in my case... Guess MS thought we needed more notifications in Windows on top of the ones already there but I'd be nice if they would fixed what actually needed fixing and worry about the little stuff later.

830_bat_slw.png

Tempted to revert back to 8.1 myself although which ever route one takes and IMO, ends up being a lose lose situation which is a real bummer. The way the OS have evolved it's tough sometimes to know whether you are dealing with a hardware or software issue at times and doubt all the resets, restores and so on are doing the hardware any good, observed lots of heat being generated along wit substantial battery drain when those tasks are being performed.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I get a similar message (but different :wink:) on my 830 after installing 10 and don't recall it being an issue or present w/8.1, unless using a flaky USB cable. Yes, the original charger is 1.5A yet plugging phone into a 1.0A charger or PC USB port never caused a prompt as such in the past, not that I recall. Either way, other than slower charging it still works fine in my case... Guess MS thought we needed more notifications in Windows on top of the ones already there but I'd be nice if they would fixed what actually needed fixing and worry about the little stuff later.

View attachment 131772

Tempted to revert back to 8.1 myself although which ever route one takes and IMO, ends up being a lose lose situation which is a real bummer. The way the OS have evolved it's tough sometimes to know whether you are dealing with a hardware or software issue at times and doubt all the resets, restores and so on are doing the hardware any good, observed lots of heat being generated along wit substantial battery drain when those tasks are being performed.

But it(genuine charger) takes 6hrs~ which is not so good,tolerable... Actually I visited to MS CARE today, they didn't sure about that So , they take charges to do Rollback to w8.1. But I said 'No'.

After that i do it myself by downloading .ffu file separately from lumiafirmware.com because of WDRT error.

Now, the same problem is occured, I'm very unhappy with w8.1 ...

W10m is very Handy and Good looking than w8.1m whether it is not a complete package till next 2-3 years.
There are some plenty of w8.1 feature which has to be on w10m otherwise w10 is great for me.

I want that MS should resolve this problem or exchange their faulty hardware at least 50% price via MS CARE CENTER.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
But it(genuine charger) takes 6hrs~ which is not so good,tolerable.

That's a bummer and yeah, if it takes that long and was working OK prior then good chance something got messed up during the repair.

And as already mentioned, both OSs are a double edged sword of sorts.

W8.1 is so much more fluid on my 830 yet we miss out on those added features/settings, latest apps or their updates, just being in the “NOW” makes it hard going back.

With 10 we really love the aesthetics although in some ways it is not overly different than its predecessor.

For WP10… Settings menu, added tiles in Action Center, Outlook, Office, home screen transparency, camera’s added features.

Against WP10… How it took away my 830’s overall fluidity, not smooth and considerably more sluggish compared to 8.1. Inconsistencies how it functions on a daily basis, like when I went to post my initial response here the icons for cellular, WiFi, vibrate and battery disappeared, upon swiping down they would appear for a split second then gone again, a restart fixed. As for apps, feel like there are less running 10 and can’t seem to find replacements for those once used, many of my originals cannot be downloaded now. Store, well just deplorable in my opinion, super slow, inconsistent, generates errors upon downloading w/o anything constructive to go on such as “OOPS, something went wrong on our end” or error code “1”, yep that helps me a lot, that’s only a few. Really think a firmware update would spark new life into my 830 but expecting that to happen is like waiting for pigs to fly… Oh wait!... we did see a pig fly once or twice albeit on TV haahaha.

As for battery life, have never seen an impact on either OS or any build so guess that’s a plus. :grin:

Oh forgot to mention, the screen "flash" is STILL present on my 830 after all this time. :unhappy:

Last edited:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
That's a bummer and yeah, if it takes that long and was working OK prior then good chance something got messed up during the repair.

And as already mentioned, both OSs are a double edged sword of sorts.

W8.1 is so much more fluid on my 830 yet we miss out on those added features/settings, latest apps or their updates, just being in the ?NOW? makes it hard going back.

With 10 we really love the aesthetics although in some ways it is not overly different than its predecessor.

For WP10? Settings menu, added tiles in Action Center, Outlook, Office, home screen transparency, camera?s added features.

Against WP10? How it took away my 830?s overall fluidity, not smooth and considerably more sluggish compared to 8.1. Inconsistencies how it functions on a daily basis, like when I went to post my initial response here the icons for cellular, WiFi, vibrate and battery disappeared, upon swiping down they would appear for a split second then gone again, a restart fixed. As for apps, feel like there are less running 10 and can?t seem to find replacements for those once used, many of my originals cannot be downloaded now. Store, well just deplorable in my opinion, super slow, inconsistent, generates errors upon downloading w/o anything constructive to go on such as ?OOPS, something went wrong on our end? or error code ?1?, yep that helps me a lot, that?s only a few. Really think a firmware update would spark new life into my 830 but expecting that to happen is like waiting for pigs to fly? Oh wait!... we did see a pig fly once or twice albeit on TV haahaha.

As for battery life, have never seen an impact on either OS or any build so guess that?s a plus. :grin:

That's why I also discussed about it too.

At present I used Lumia as daily driver which annoying me from last week.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/444367-wdrt-bug;-rollback-8-1-a.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/of...y-products-not-working-when-out-warranty.html

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
That's why I also discussed about it too.

At present I used Lumia as daily driver which annoying me from last week.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/of...y-products-not-working-when-out-warranty.html

I hear you, when looking at my 830 (hate comparing) it really didn't get much of an update other than Denim which it was touted as having from the get go. Sure it was one of those eligible for WP10 yet that’s little solace considering the end results to-date. So in essence, mine was unsupported within months of its inception.

Tried running 10 a few weeks back and after a week it just became too much, once again we’re trying to find a way to make it viable but it just seems fruitless. Owning the G4 and S7 and seeing what we can do them makes WP seriously feel like were toying with an old flip phone, yes can text and make phone calls but everything else is so departed, clunky, and again, inconsistent. By the time WP OS becomes tolerable my 830 will be a museum piece, and I’m not kidding.

Been thinking about the 650 but it lacks sustainability due to its low specs and wouldn’t be much of, if any, bump up from what I’ve already got other than “the” firmware. The 950 series is now aging (over a year) too with everything else after them being too much of a price to pay for uncertainty.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I hear you, when looking at my 830 (hate comparing) it really didn't get much of an update other than Denim which it was touted as having from the get go. Sure it was one of those eligible for WP10 yet that?s little solace considering the end results to-date. So in essence, mine was unsupported within months of its inception.

Tried running 10 a few weeks back and after a week it just became too much, once again we?re trying to find a way to make it viable but it just seems fruitless. Owning the G4 and S7 and seeing what we can do them makes WP seriously feel like were toying with an old flip phone, yes can text and make phone calls but everything else is so departed, clunky, and again, inconsistent. By the time WP OS becomes tolerable my 830 will be a museum piece, and I?m not kidding.

Been thinking about the 650 but it lacks sustainability due to its low specs and wouldn?t be much of, if any, bump up from what I?ve already got other than ?the? firmware. The 950 series is now aging (over a year) too with everything else after them being too much of a price to pay for uncertainty.
😊

I feel so bad for Lumia 830 which lacks of the OS that deserves(w10 non insider).

Technology never stops, it increases day by day.
I bought Lumia when it was latest, after a month MS launched 640. I was unhappy with touch issue that time and asked from MS reseller to exchange my phone but they gave me 1/3 cost of 1 month old Lumia.
So,I think carefully about the cost, features. Only some minor changes are attraction point that time.

I like the Lumia 650 in white but not a high and phone.

Samsung S7 edge is amazing but not affordable for me. And I am very interested about upcoming Nokia android phones. Maybe that one would my next choice.

WP needs a lot of apps,UI fixes which need at least 2 years I think.
I suggest you s7 edge if you can afford it. Otherwise Moto G4 PLAY, Lenovo AND MI are great android phablets with great features at affordable prices.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
��

I feel so bad for Lumia 830 which lacks of the OS that deserves(w10 non insider).

Technology never stops, it increases day by day.
I bought Lumia when it was latest, after a month MS launched 640. I was unhappy with touch issue that time and asked from MS reseller to exchange my phone but they gave me 1/3 cost of 1 month old Lumia.
So,I think carefully about the cost, features. Only some minor changes are attraction point that time.

I like the Lumia 650 in white but not a high and phone.

Samsung S7 edge is amazing but not affordable for me. And I am very interested about upcoming Nokia android phones. Maybe that one would my next choice.

WP needs a lot of apps,UI fixes which need at least 2 years I think.
I suggest you s7 edge if you can afford it. Otherwise Moto G4 PLAY, Lenovo AND MI are great android phablets with great features at affordable prices.

So you have/had touch issues with your 535? My 830 also has sensitivity issues as well with it varying but mostly w/capacitive back button, I swear going by the way it acts sometimes that it is a software issue rather than hardware. Strange too that both these phone came out around the same time yet in saying that, not aware how many other Lumia's were crippled of sorts w/touch problems.

Lumia 650 isn't high-end but do believe it's firmware is tailored to WP10 so the experience, by rights, should be relatively decent. That's why I'd like to give it a go but the camera loses a few point w/me due to only being 720p video and no OIS, my 830 has both and performs reasonably well overall, and the 650's 2000 mAh battery doesn't help to entice either since finding a spare will be tough or expensive, been there done that with my 830.

Not that long ago I wasn't too concerned about the app gap but now it HAS become a real problem, didn't have many but those I did are slowly dwindling and now the phone is definitely incomplete in its overall capability of filling my needs completely under daily use.

The GS7 does the trick for me perfectly, the screen is in the realm of my preferred size as I'm more of a 5"ish sort of guy (LOL), the G4 takes up the slack if need be and its 5.5" display help these ageing eyes hehe. The higher end 950 XL too big for my liking, not fond of the 950's appearance (that chrome camera bezel meh) but size is right, Elite X3 plain and simple $$$$$, Acer Liquid Jade Primo caaamera so so and that's a priority of mine. That leaves only the 650 then again, its low specs kind of kills it to a degree along with the OS itself.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 535 which proves the defect in Hardware(i think charging slot replaced by MS Care while swapping my speakers) NOT software : -

then you should put this in front of the MS service center team. I have had an experience with a sloppy servicing by the Nokia care and i made sure they fix it for good.

For you it could be the case of a hardware corruption, but many other users on the same production build of W10M are facing this issue with slow charging notification including mine which has never been to servicing. I strongly suggest that you talk about this with the team at the Microsoft service center because under no condition should the original charger should trigger the slow charging notification.
The 950 series is now aging (over a year) too with everything else after them being too much of a price to pay for uncertainty.

How about the new Alcatel Idol 4S running windows 10 . it has decent specs. ;)

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
So you have/had touch issues with your 535?

Not at all for now, OTA updates resolved it to 80% and glass guard increases it to 90%. But these touch issues are came in RM-1090(2015) models the most.
Because I didn't heard about this issue after w10m public release(march '16).
And latest Lumia 535 models were being fixed I think.
Its very disappointed for me that first MS Lumia model had several[url="http://m.windowscentral.com/microsoft-still-working-fix-lumia-535-touchscreen-issues-some-owners] issues[/url].

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
then you should put this in front of the MS service center team. I have had an experience with a sloppy servicing by the Nokia care and i made sure they fix it for good.

For you it could be the case of a hardware corruption, but many other users on the same production build of W10M are facing this issue with slow charging notification including mine which has never been to servicing. I strongly suggest that you talk about this with the team at the Microsoft service center because under no condition should the original charger should trigger the slow charging notification. ;)

I made this post because of my faulty LUMIA phone . And their customer service employees having very dull(unhappy faces) and non-transparency about what they are taking. They didn't talk about all the issues they know.

When i visited to MS care second time for speaker exchange of Lumia(in warranty period) ,they didn't tell me about the defected charging chip(inbuilt chip) that I think so.

After a year, i visited to ms care again to tell about slow charging problem then they instantly tell me about defected chip after having my Lumia in their hand.
Even told me to give charges for Hard Reset of my phone(wt# is that?).

Then a thought came into my mind to throw my phone to their face. 😐

---

Turning off the slow charge notification doesn't solve my problem. That feature is good to tell when your charger is not working properly.

And with w8.1 I faced slow charging error less than w10m OS as compared in single day.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Not at all for now, OTA updates resolved it to 80% and glass guard increases it to 90%. But these touch issues are came in RM-1090(2015) models the most.
Because I didn't heard about this issue after w10m public release(march '16).
And latest Lumia 535 models were being fixed I think.
Its very disappointed for me that first MS Lumia model had several[url="http://m.windowscentral.com/microsoft-still-working-fix-lumia-535-touchscreen-issues-some-owners] issues[/url].

Yeah my 830 has a plasticized screen protector and is the only phone I've ever owned that didn't take kindly to one but believe hardware, and at times software, are playing a role here,10 seems to exacerbated the problem to a degree compared to 8.1.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Yeah my 830 has a plasticized screen protector and is the only phone I've ever owned that didn't take kindly to one but believe hardware, and at times software, are playing a role here,10 seems to exacerbated the problem to a degree compared to 8.1.

i think its enough.Posting here cannot discount the repair cost OR Exchange my phone from MS. :smile:

------x---end of TOPIC---x-----

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick note on this. I had a similar issue with slow charging and tried charging the phone with the charger that came with my Moto G, and it worked a treat - slow charging problem fixed - so it might not be the actual phone. I also changed the cable, they soon get thin and worn with bending which can affect charging so it could also have been that.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Just a quick note on this. I had a similar issue with slow charging and tried charging the phone with the charger that came with my Moto G, and it worked a treat - slow charging problem fixed - so it might not be the actual phone. I also changed the cable, they soon get thin and worn with bending which can affect charging so it could also have been that.

Has your mobile showed this screen??
I mean 'plugged in, not charging'?

https://s3.postimg.org/75swy0l4j/wp_ss_20161108_0006.png
-using MS charger comes with my mobile.

-using w10 Non Insider...

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Has your mobile showed this screen??
I mean 'plugged in, not charging'?

https://s3.postimg.org/75swy0l4j/wp_ss_20161108_0006.png
-using MS charger comes with my mobile.

-using w10 Non Insider...

Faintly remember it doing that once or twice way back when and think it was on an earlier build of WP10 (Insider), eludes me at the moment how I remedied it at that time.

I'm always skipping around using different chargers yet 99% of the time they are brand named quality ones so rarely see anything out of the ordinary.

Anyhow, as it stands now my 830 has been shelved once again because in its present state it just can't cut the mustard for everyday use, a few too many quirky annoyances along with some apps I need or now depend on that are not available at this time... Could revert back to 8.1 yet done that so many times now it'll just be same old w/o the frills :eck:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Faintly remember it doing that once or twice way back when and think it was on an earlier build of WP10 (Insider), eludes me at the moment how I remedied it at that time.

I'm always skipping around using different chargers yet 99% of the time they are brand named quality ones so rarely see anything out of the ordinary.

Because rollback isn't worked for me to solve this issue...i reverted back to w10m.

I can't conclude the main problem for repairing because I'm not a mobile hardware guy(as usual).

Aside, my mobile doesn't catch the signal which wants Antenna replacement(as told by MS SERVICE CENTRE)

But charging problem confused me to find out the problem whether it is Charger Slot or Whole charger chip (L-shaped) Or faulty slow Charger problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo