Good email Client for windows 10

Tareq27

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for a an alternative email clients for windows 10 on my Laptop . Can anyone give me a couple of suggestions ? My email is an outlook email and i wanted another app ( looking at all the different mac email clients i got jealous ) so i wanted a good one which also have a counterpart on an android or ios device ( since windows phone is guarantied not to have it i guess )
Just list me your Favourites so i can check them out !

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for a an alternative email clients for windows 10 on my Laptop . Can anyone give me a couple of suggestions ? My email is an outlook email and i wanted another app ( looking at all the different mac email clients i got jealous ) so i wanted a good one which also have a counterpart on an android or ios device ( since windows phone is guarantied not to have it i guess )
Just list me your Favourites so i can check them out !

you don't feel the outlook mail app is adequate for your needs?

Tareq27

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
It is , i wanted to see what other Options we have , knowing that windows has way more apps then Mac , so i thought their must be a couple of other options right ?

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I haven't found any good ones which "just works" in windows 10 store. May be some one can find an app hidden deep inside store which doesn't show in search.

Tareq27

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
exactly !! mac has alot of high quality email apps that have counterparts on iOS . im kinda shocked to see that windows 10 doesnt have any acceptable email client with a decent designe and functionality , on the other hand mac has alot of them ....

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This thread has been moved to an appropriate forum...

As per this advice: Who Should Post in Ask a Question? WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

FWIW on any screen 10" and up I prefer browser and keep my email inboxes open on separate tabs.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's like this. The way the traditional desktop email apps talk to Windows is via a system called MAPI. Unfortunately MS decided not to include full MAPI with Windows and instead provided a 'MAPI Light' system which was rubbish. This means that any email programme that does not provide its own MAPI system integrates poorly with Windows (ie. for clicking mail links). Of course, the full paid desktop Outlook package that comes with Office included the full MAPI framework so any third party mail app could use it, but nothing much did because only Office owners had it. That's how it was, I've lost the will to keep up with the area for a long while now.

This is why there are some good email packages for Windows but they are mostly paid packages. Few free alternatives are comparable to the paid offerings because MS got stingy with the API. Perhaps this has now changed and things will/have developed?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The default mail app (outlook) is more than awesome. It does even more than I need. As for UWP apps, that one is the best, you won't find any better. And if you're looking for full x86 apps, then yup.. some of the one listed above (thunderbird, outlook from office, etc.).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte