Good stuff but.... microsoft please read

belgiantrotter

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I can only encourage new features and the windows phone platform to evolve! I will early await improvements coming in 8.1 BUT....
if there is one thing microsoft needs to do with this release is make sure people all over the world get it at the same time!!

I mean seriously I'm with Rogers in Canada and still waiting to get the Black update on my 920, so I don't even want to know when 8.1 is coming out...
I get the multi carrier versions but come on... some people have had black/GRD3 for weeks/months some are still waiting... what's up with this non-sense!?

back in the days i still owned iOS, I can remember all my friends getting it at the same time... that's what an ecosystem is all about and get feeling everyone gets new stuff and new features at the same time.. (especially with apps for 8.1 not working on 8)

seriously...
my 2 cents... over and out..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
MS just doesn't have enough clout to wrest control from the carriers.

The best chance you have is using the Developer Preview, which should be the solution.
Nokia does not have a comparable program which is why you have to go through normal channels for Black, but MS has already had Update 3 available for quite some time.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I mean I think it's as good as it could be. All phones will eventually get it, and that's more than can be said about any Android device. Sure iOS releases worldwide at the same time, but they have so much leverage, that they can do whatever they want. Microsoft is doing the best they can to at least get every carrier worldwide willing to test and approve every update within a month or two

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Think about this hypothetical situation: 5 types of Windows Phones and a larger percentage of Windows Phones being used by the population. That situation would get you faster updates and That situation is very similar to what Apple's.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I can only encourage new features and the windows phone platform to evolve! I will early await improvements coming in 8.1 BUT....
if there is one thing microsoft needs to do with this release is make sure people all over the world get it at the same time!!

I mean seriously I'm with Rogers in Canada and still waiting to get the Black update on my 920, so I don't even want to know when 8.1 is coming out...

Rogers released the black update update quite a while back. My friend got it on his 920.

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Rogers released the black update update quite a while back. My friend got it on his 920.

That. I have been using Black update since quite some time. To get the black update, you may have to disable the dev preview if you haven't done so. Just go to the app ' preview for developers' disable the preview, thn go to setting and check for updates. After updating you can again enable the preview.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Realize that Android is the majority smartphone OS player by miles and there are plenty of users who never got upgrades for their devices, so many people stuck at 2.something and even pretty recent phones that have yet to see KitKat. The carriers maintain a pretty tight grip on their network. It was a miracle that Apple was ever able to achieve master of their destiny status on updating iPhones....sadly that is not the norm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05