Google Now released for Desktops, MS/Cortana too late, again?

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Google Now have started rolling out to Chrome?s desktop, feature is totally integrated with your Android device.

Ok, GNow is not a perfect tool, but its a nice thing.

It is just me, or this feeling ... I don't know, seems to me that MS is always some steps behind. I know they are really trying to back together (One Microsoft and all of that, innovation, etc), but dude, they have to be shake it up and move faster than that!

I really hope they do a good work with Cortana on WP, Cortana on Windows environment, Cortana on Xbox ... they have infrastructure resources, human resources, financial resource, all kind of things to do a great tool here. MS have a great potential with this, and I hope they don't mess it up.

(sorry about poor vocabulary/grammar).

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't think they are too late. Google is just now getting it on desktop.

What surprises me is, unless I'm mistaken, I am shocked that siri is not on Macs yet.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't think they are too late. Google is just now getting it on desktop.

What surprises me is, unless I'm mistaken, I am shocked that siri is not on Macs yet.

Sure, they just now getting to the party, this is the point, they already get there. MS will release Cortana on WP this year (maybe just EN-US!!).

And I never thought about Siri on Macs, its interesting, already have it on Ipad?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Sure, they just now getting to the party, this is the point, they already get there. MS will release Cortana on WP this year (maybe just EN-US!!).

And I never thought about Siri on Macs, its interesting, already have it on Ipad?

um... Cortana is going to be released in a week. I don't think being a week behind is that big of a deal.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Google Now have started rolling out to Chrome’s desktop, feature is totally integrated with your Android device.

Ok, GNow is not a perfect tool, but its a nice thing.

It is just me, or this feeling ... I don't know, seems to me that MS is always some steps behind. I know they are really trying to back together (One Microsoft and all of that, innovation, etc), but dude, they have to be shake it up and move faster than that!

I really hope they do a good work with Cortana on WP, Cortana on Windows environment, Cortana on Xbox ... they have infrastructure resources, human resources, financial resource, all kind of things to do a great tool here. MS have a great potential with this, and I hope they don't mess it up.

(sorry about poor vocabulary/grammar).

Almost everyone that knows about Cortana coming to WP knows that come 2015, it would be available on Windows and Xbox...
They will only be "late" if it doesn't arrive as planned come 2015

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
um... Cortana is going to be released in a week. I don't think being a week behind is that big of a deal.

Yes a week but only on smartphone device.

Being announced in a week and released are totally different. Never has Microsoft announced a new product and said it is available that day. But for conversation sake let's say it is, all the current phones that are out with Windows Phone 8 won't get it that day. Therefore Microsoft is more than 1 week late to the party....yes this will hurt them.

ruronirican

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Overall MS isn't late to the party... if you have use the voice integration with either the 360 or the One you would know that voice integration for search and all that jazz is already in there... adding more conceptualized and linking search with other things that are part of a profile built with your data and schedule... at least in my no programming opinion wouldn't be that much harder since the ground work is already there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers