Gorilla glass 4 my tail!!

zukum

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello folks, ive been using my phone and dropped it for the first time. I did throw it to the bed and the phone rolled all over and fell face down. It was a 40 cm drop. Checked the phone and it scratched a lot.
It only took one fall to scratch this screen a lot. What the hell ??? Is gorilla glass a joke????

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
honestly I don't think the screen on the 950xl is that much scratch resistant... I had mine 930 (GG3) scratched easily and the 950xl (GG4) the same... fortunately I had a problem and I have a new one which is now protected with ultimate shield screen protector (I know..it's not tempered glass...which basically doesn't work nice on this model), but it's only to protect the phone it when it's on my pockets mixed with other stuff.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello folks, ive been using my phone and dropped it for the first time. I did throw it to the bed and the phone rolled all over and fell face down. It was a 40 cm drop. Checked the phone and it scratched a lot.
It only took one fall to scratch this screen a lot. What the hell ??? Is gorilla glass a joke????

Should just vacuum more often. :p

Nah, it's the oleophobic coating that is scratched.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Get a microfiber cloth and start rubbing it in the area where the scratches are in a circular motion. They are likely superficial. You can only get rid of stuff from these screens using microfiber. NEVER use lcd screen cleaners or anything else. They kill the coating and can damage the screen. You can put a bit of water on the cloth though a real microfiber cloth is really hard to get wet so you need to run it under water for a while on the corner of the cloth. I doubt they are real scratches unless you have sand/gravel in your room.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Get a microfiber cloth and start rubbing it in the area where the scratches are in a circular motion. They are likely superficial. You can only get rid of stuff from these screens using microfiber. NEVER use lcd screen cleaners or anything else. They kill the coating and can damage the screen. You can put a bit of water on the cloth though a real microfiber cloth is really hard to get wet so you need to run it under water for a while on the corner of the cloth. I doubt they are real scratches unless you have sand/gravel in your room.

I tried that with my L1520 after it got a scratch early on to no avail. If you get a screen protector, it will prevent future scratches and make the scratches you have pretty much invisible. I got them on my brief 950xl ownership also. Interestingly, I don't think these types of scratches happen to cheaper phones (HTC trophy and L640) are all much less likely to get scratches on the screen though the screens look worse. I just wish they would make the sell the phones with a screen protector already on them.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I tried that with my L1520 after it got a scratch early on to no avail. If you get a screen protector, it will prevent future scratches and make the scratches you have pretty much invisible. I got them on my brief 950xl ownership also. Interestingly, I don't think these types of scratches happen to cheaper phones (HTC trophy and L640) are all much less likely to get scratches on the screen though the screens look worse. I just wish they would make the sell the phones with a screen protector already on them.

The BLU Win HD comes with a screen protector installed and a second one in the box.

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
It's not about what cheaper or expensive phone gets scratches first. It's about what thing scratches the glass. You can rub your knifes over the gg3 and it won't scratch but try it with a single grain of sand and see the results. It's about the relative hardness of the thing with respect to the glass

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Gorilla Glass does a great job of being market fluff. I have an LG Optimus Zone 2 in my collection (Music Player) and my left nut does GG make any difference to plastic in terms of scratches. You'd just have to pay extra for any substantiate protection against scratches without a protector film.

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
GG4 is much more resistant to "flex", and that's why it is better on very slim phones like 950s or Galaxy's.
That comes with a price: it is not so resistant to scratches, and that's true.

I put a Nillkin Amazing H+ Pro tempered glass protector on top of my 950 XL, and I'm good. (no scratches, no bubbles, no corner lifts, much less fingerprints, much smoother touch. It's perfect AND protected)

mighty haggis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
i still have a n8 that i bought when they first got released it was used everyday at work and kept in my pocket etc the phone still looks like brand new no scratches or marks of any kind, i now use a 930 that i have had for almost 2 years it gets used everday at work and is also kept in my pocket it also has no marks or scratches on it i know this sounds a bit smug but i just think people just need to look after your phones better lol

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it tempered or non-tempered glass that doesn't work nice with your model? In what way?

The Tempered glass protector from ultimate shield doesn't Work on the 950XL (the corners lift). On the other hand, their screen protector (the rubberized one), works fantastic...but only protect from scratches, nothing more.

trha

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
GG4 is much more resistant to "flex", and that's why it is better on very slim phones like 950s or Galaxy's.
That comes with a price: it is not so resistant to scratches, and that's true.

I put a Nillkin Amazing H+ Pro tempered glass protector on top of my 950 XL, and I'm good. (no scratches, no bubbles, no corner lifts, much less fingerprints, much smoother touch. It's perfect AND protected)

I absolutely recommend this protector. Fits perfectly, less fingerprint and seems to be easier to clean.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077