GPS says I am in Alpharetto

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
this happened to my wifes phone as of the last 4 days says akron ohio and she even tried to post on facebook and location showed akron ohio, we tried to check in at the gym my htc one x shows the correct location on att and her lumia shows akron ohio locations for the gym just crazy. my lumia is still on the shelf until we get those 7.8 updates but i hope they fix this gps issue or else i will just stay on the htc one x until att gets it fixed.

rutvik19

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The weird part about all this is, it only happens to me at work. Here's the crazy part, a co-worker who sits right next to me has a Lumia 900 as well, only on that phone it shows the correct location. My co-worker has not installed the update that Nokia sent out recently.

So, here's the question to the rest of you that are having this problem:

Have you installed the latest update?

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I am not the only one having this problem. I first noticed this while trying to use 4th & Mayor (Foursquare app) while inside a place. The GPS searched for places near me and everything was in Akron, OH (I'm in Washington, DC!). I switched to maps, nokia maps, and any other service that uses the GPS and they all are affected. 30 minutes later I walked outside and was ready to leave and tried to check in one more time, voila it worked. Im starting to think something is happening from inside buildings, because I never have an issue in the car.

Sridhar V

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
i'm glad i am not the only one having this problem. I first noticed this while trying to use 4th & mayor (foursquare app) while inside a place. The gps searched for places near me and everything was in akron, oh (i'm in washington, dc!). I switched to maps, nokia maps, and any other service that uses the gps and they all are affected. 30 minutes later i walked outside and was ready to leave and tried to check in one more time, voila it worked. Im starting to think something is happening from inside buildings, because i never have an issue in the car.

+ 1

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Still showing Akron when I'm somewhere I can't get a GPS Satellite lock.

On a related note, has anyone else noticed that their phone loses sat lock a lot when it is down, say, on your center console? Mine is only reliable when I hold it up at window level.

alaozx

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea I hope at&t fixes this soon, I can check in to any places with foursquare in SoCal. Oh well I guess I'll try to get mayorship at the midget wrestling center in Akron Ohio, that keeps coming up in my foursquare.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here, My original 900 did not have any issue with the location, but one of the mic went bad so I had to get a replacement and since day one it randomly shows me in Akron

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I am not the only one having this problem. I first noticed this while trying to use 4th & Mayor (Foursquare app) while inside a place. The GPS searched for places near me and everything was in Akron, OH (I'm in Washington, DC!). I switched to maps, nokia maps, and any other service that uses the GPS and they all are affected. 30 minutes later I walked outside and was ready to leave and tried to check in one more time, voila it worked. Im starting to think something is happening from inside buildings, because I never have an issue in the car.

thats true it happens when we are checking in at the gym or any inside location...

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I live in Kansas City, MO and this has been an intermittent problem I first noticed in late May or early June. My Amazing Weather live tile shows temp in Akron at times. Had to manually add KC to get correct weather. At other times GPS shows correct location and thus correct weather. Phone restarts don't help.

Last edited:

jfo7404

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Had this issue the morning on a full charge. Rebooted the phone and no issues since. Don't recall having this issue before.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Had this issue the morning on a full charge. Rebooted the phone and no issues since. Don't recall having this issue before.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

From the WPcentral blog.

Update: Nokia just pinged us to let us know they are "...aware of the issue and it has been addressed, but users may need to restart their phones to see the fix take effect." Moreover, this does not seem to be a Lumia 900 issue per se but rather related to AT&T's LTE towers. Evidently some Android users have had this problem too.

There's same topic in Titan 2 forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788