Groove Music Issues

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I figured I'd wait before passing judgement but now that they've officially re-branded the app one has to think it's nearing the final stages.
  1. Music Takes Way Too Long To Show Up in the App after adding it
  2. Sounds crazy, but some of the songs on my playlist are arbitrarily being replaced with DIFFERENT SONGS from the same artist. This one is outright bizarre
  3. When the phone enters hibernation and I wake it up and go into the app, it doesn't default to the Now PLaying screen that I last left it at. Minor nuisance but it should be that hard to correct
  4. Sometimes I'll fast forward to a new song and the now playing screen still shows the last song I was playing
Is anyone else experiencing any of these issues. A fluid media management experience is at the top of my list for w10 and I really hope they get it right this time. They eventually made XBM tolerable but it was painful for a while. It would be nice to not have to go through those initial headaches this time.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Half your issues are probably bugs that will be resolved before final release (2 & 4). One is probably an optimization issue that should also be resolved (1). The last one is either a bug or will probably be a feature that will be added at a later date (3).

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Half your issues are probably bugs that will be resolved before final release (2 & 4). One is probably an optimization issue that should also be resolved (1). The last one is either a bug or will probably be a feature that will be added at a later date (3).

The last one is a bug. It displays the incorrect song info. That wouldn't classify as a feature that's a bug. I just hope they're taking it serious this go round.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I found that over time, my songs are added. It's slow, but it finishes eventually. Haven't seen the other problems. Of course, send your problems to Windows Feedback. They say they really read our feedback.

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Defiantly issue #3.

Other issues' :
5.) While streaming my playlist of say 50 tracks, it can get very choppy, like the DJ was cuttin up 😁. I'm under unlimited data and on WiFi, issue still occurs.
6.) unable to go backwards for a track, it will restart the track but not to previous track.
7.) Battery Hog! I've tested using other music apps like Pandora and Spotify via streaming, so same use case I follow.
8.) Data Hog for streaming! As I mentioned I'm fortunate for unlimited data access BUT that's a one user case. I'm well aware of region/carrier restrictions, so this will be a major issue for many others. Check ones data sense an you'll see 😉.

On the topic of data, is anyone familiar with the data streaming bitrate being offered?

Ps. @OP I'm wit ya on priority for my music experience 😉.

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
9.) I have over a 1000 tracks in my streaming collection, so a break down of it would be 10% OneDrive, 90% music collection. Selecting shuffle entire collection causes the app close after a bit. Hasn't lasted with me as of yet.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I've found that after adding new music or starting music after a reset, going into the settings> downloads page (and staying there for a few seconds) seems to force a refresh and add songs. However, even this approach seems to work only some of the time.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
•It always skips the first song I tap on and then skip to the next song. (no matter what song i pick)

I'm noticing this one too. This might be the most annoying one at the moment. It just skips ahead two tracks. I end up having to go in through album view or son view and tapping the song I want to hear. I posted feedback. I hope people upvote it.

ushodax

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
when i hit next track sometimes it skips 1 or 2 tracks like it was some kind of a unsupported file (even in the playlist a red warning icon appear next to the song) but if i try to pick that song sometimes it plays it.

sometimes it closes or stop playing randomly.

quick controls (next and previous) that appear when you hit the volume keys doesn't let you fast forward or rewind a song)

takes too long to play some tracks, loading takes forever sometimes.

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I was forced to use while I upgraded my Lumia 640XL to windows 10. This was a forced move for me and initially, it just did not recognize any song. Then after a few attempts, it began to scan songs and post that it was able to play most (probably all) songs. I had to figure out a way to create playlists, but I don't think I can sync that yet because sign-in is not yet allowed here in India. On top of it there are a few more issues and if I go by the Microsoft support page for it (where MS captures all feedback and users have an option or upvoting on an issue), it seems most users have those. These include: not playing the next song at times on lock screen. Causing the lock screen to flickr at times, displaying as if it is forwarding to a new song, whereas it is moving the same song 4-5 times before starting to play it. Some users also have reported of it crashing, but I have not experienced it yet.
Overall I believe that it is not ready for mobiles and MS has just thrust it upon the users. I really liked the earlier 'Music' app on windows 8.1 and so wish that I could have it on windows 10 as well.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I was really hoping the recent app update that makes it a uwa would fix my artist art issue where around 10 of my artists have pictures. The pc version pulls the pictures just fine so I thought it had something to do with the phone apps programming. I've tried removing my sd card, resetting. Nope nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
2 things I need in the app. I'd like to be able to amend the song info and album art myself as I store a lot of mixes. I can change the name but not Album Art or Album/Artist info. I am pretty OCD with my music so it bugs me daily. Also Id like to see a feature to queue songs (unless I have missed it). Isn't that now just standard on music players?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro