Guys... I screwed up

robertino23

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
So over the summer I got a Lumia 928. I loved the phone and the Windows 8 OS, and it actually helped me realize what I want to do with my life (I'm now a computer science major at my college). However, the other day the screen stopped working. I took it to verizon, where they offered to send me a new one. The associate went out back to go wipe it (for some reason I can't remember), and when he came back out the phone had frozen on a screen of rotating gears. What i'm about to tell you actually happened. AT VERIZON. They apologized for breaking the phone, and offered to send me any phone I wanted - I would get it the next day. I was hesitant, but I asked for an iPhone 5. I've had it for about a week now, and... I hate it. I hate the phone, I hate the OS (iOS 7 is a bad version of WP8). I want my Lumia back.

Just thought I'd share this story, and IMO, the iPhone has had its day, and now WP8 is coming. If any of you are getting new phones soon, and are looking at the iPhone, let me just tell you to stay with WP8 - or even go Android.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you now stuck with the iphone with no way to get another Lumia, or can you swap it?

You could always sell the iphone and buy a 928 for the money?

Either way really nice to see you found the OS that suits you in Windows Phone!

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't worry. Like he mentioned above, it should be easy for you to just sell it, they go for silly money, then just buy the Nokia of your choice :smile:

robertino23

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Are you now stuck with the iphone with no way to get another Lumia, or can you swap it?

You could always sell the iphone and buy a 928 for the money?

Either way really nice to see you found the OS that suits you in Windows Phone!

I can't trade it in. I'm pretty sure I'm still on my regular plan, so I think I can upgrade next year. If I have to, I'll bear with it. Besides, by then even better Windows Phones will be out :) I'm still in love with the OS and I'm going to be active on the forums. Such a great community, I think that's why I love WP8/Microsoft so much.

robertino23

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Ya you could easily sell that iPhone 5 for a huge chunk of change...even get a 1020 plus the grip

I'm on Verizon, I don't think a 1020 will work on it. Maybe I'll just wait around until a better Verizon WP comes out and try to get that. But as I said before its only for a year

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Can you not buy Sim Free Unlocked phones over there? Here in the UK, you can buy most phones, including all the Nokias, Sim Free Unlocked and pop whatever Sim you want in it. I've done it with my last two phones.

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
im on the 1phone5 right now, i swapped sim card from lumia920 to it and i just wanted to see if a pesky wifi problem was solved with IOS7. no it was not. looks like either the wifi chip is bad even though ive been through apple care and they dont find anything or Nokia's wifi chip is far superior. Either way i have to sell one of these phones to pay for etf. the only thing that attracts me to the iphone are apps, ios is kinda wierd, the "fresh coat of paint" is not even but i do love the new control panel that you swipe from bottom but thats it.so i dont know what i am going to do

robertino23

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
im on the 1phone5 right now, i swapped sim card from lumia920 to it and i just wanted to see if a pesky wifi problem was solved with IOS7. no it was not. looks like either the wifi chip is bad even though ive been through apple care and they dont find anything or Nokia's wifi chip is far superior. Either way i have to sell one of these phones to pay for etf. the only thing that attracts me to the iphone are apps, ios is kinda wierd, the "fresh coat of paint" is not even but i do love the new control panel that you swipe from bottom but thats it.so i dont know what i am going to do

That's the only thing I like about iOS 7. The control center is awesome, everything I need is right there. No need to find any specific app, just flick up the screen.

Other than that, I'm ready to go back to Live Tiles and my Lumia.

robertino23

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you not buy Sim Free Unlocked phones over there? Here in the UK, you can buy most phones, including all the Nokias, Sim Free Unlocked and pop whatever Sim you want in it. I've done it with my last two phones.

I know you can buy unlocked phones over here, but I remembered hearing something like Verizon's phones are on a different kind of service system than AT&T/T-Mobile (CDMA? Anyone?) but I'm not sure. I'm probably going to Craigslist the iPhone if I really start to hate it.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I know you can buy unlocked phones over here, but I remembered hearing something like Verizon's phones are on a different kind of service system than AT&T/T-Mobile (CDMA? Anyone?) but I'm not sure. I'm probably going to Craigslist the iPhone if I really start to hate it.
1020 won't work on Verizon because it doesn't have a CDMA radio nor the proper LTE bands on the GSM radio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCC