Had to Make the Move

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been a strong advocate of the Windows Lumia line, starting with the 900, then the 920, 550, 830 and 950. Maybe another one in there somewhere. No doubt, the 950 has been the best, I got it on its release day in 2015. But it started to go, and had reached a point where it was shutting off several times a day. Likely a battery short/open that would open just enough that it would shut off. ATT no longer carries them, the MS Store doesn't stock them.

I read a Windows Central article about trying to adapt the Microsoft eco-system onto an iPhone, and decided to give it a try. I bought an iPhone 7, and followed the same process of getting rid of a bunch of the iOS stuff and replacing it with Microsoft apps. There is no doubt, MS is a great SW company, and the apps they've designed for the iOS are fantastic. I've been working on this for the past couple of days, and so far, it's been ok.

Sad to move past the Lumia line, and I couldn't wait for the rumored Surface phone, this was the best compromise I could find.

Using an iPhone in the Microsoft ecosystem | Windows Central

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I don't think I could ever go for an iPhone, but if I needed to I could make the switch to Android.
I enjoy using Android, I just prefer Windows. If my phones died and I didn't have another option I'd probably get a Pixel, OnePlus, or something along those lines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium