Hands-on Experiences with the 950XL

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing that the stock email app will handle both my Hotmail and Gmail accounts? Seriously looking at this phone for the new year.:winktongue:

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
im guessing the reviews are done and waiting on perhaps final OS and firmware - they are likely in embargo....
According to Dan Rubino in Ask Dan #13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA4q9axh0_w&t=5m39s
(5:39) nobody had gotten review devices. That was November 1. I don't know the timeline for reviews, but I doubt they would have reviews ready and waiting in that short amount of time, even if they got their devices on the 2nd.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I got to play with it when the MS store had it for a brief while. Took a couple of photos, but no video. I emailed the photos to myself.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
According to Dan Rubino in Ask Dan #13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA4q9axh0_w&t=5m39s
(5:39) nobody had gotten review devices. That was November 1. I don't know the timeline for reviews, but I doubt they would have reviews ready and waiting in that short amount of time, even if they got their devices on the 2nd.

Maybe... but just like they were quiet about having been given the surfacebook at the October 6th event and only releasing their reviews when the embargo was lifted, its quite possible that in the past couple of weeks they have been given devices to play with with the intention that the embargo will be lifted a couple days before any impending release - which we now know is.... Nov 20th.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Maybe... but just like they were quiet about having been given the surfacebook at the October 6th event and only releasing their reviews when the embargo was lifted, its quite possible that in the past couple of weeks they have been given devices to play with with the intention that the embargo will be lifted a couple days before any impending release - which we now know is.... Nov 20th.
I don't remember them being quiet about getting the Surfacebook. In fact, I remember someone saying that they expected to leave the event with review units.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember them being quiet about getting the Surfacebook. In fact, I remember someone saying that they expected to leave the event with review units.

well Paul Thurrott and Mary Jo Foley both said on Windows weekly that they were given them, but they didnt post anything because of the embargo... they all got to "try" them, we know that much and expected that and everyone gave their "first impressions" etc., but on windows weekly, it came out that they had them for weeks...

As you know - NDAs stop people saying specifics but they could refer to others....

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Just returned from the MS store in NYC where I reserved an XL to be picked up this weekend. For a short time while there, I played with a display model to get a feel for the UI. One thing I noticed with respect to the discussion of the polycarbonate body was that the back, to my eye, looks just like anodized aluminum. While I've always preferred higher quality materials, I have no issues with its appearance.