Hard reseting to improve battery life?!

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Own Lumia 735, installed W10M 3 weeks ago, the performance are almost great, except battery life, I have to carry a charger with me -as Samsung fans do :(-
Wondering if hard reseting would improve battery life or not :\ + Restoring would it affect the procces??

thank you in advanced!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Own Lumia 735, installed W10M 3 weeks ago, the performance are almost great, except battery life, I have to carry a charger with me -as Samsung fans do :(-
Wondering if hard reseting would improve battery life or not :\ + Restoring would it affect the procces??

thank you in advanced!

Not, battery will remain the same. Background apps are the culprit, Messages + Skype in primis when you forget to log out skype app

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I got SICK of a dead battery by 6PM every night (Nokia ICON), Checked all background tasks, trimmed EVERYTHING down accept for 2-3 apps that I have always had on 8.1. On 8.1 with the SAME configuration, same background apps, I would go to bed with 30-50% battery life left (down to 10-20% if I got heavy into a game or streaming video for like a 1/2 hour).

Last weekend I did a hard reset, and over all this weekend it's been impressivly better. Last night I went to bed, after a long day of texts, emails, twitter, facebook, with bluetooth on, at 11pm, my battery was a 30%... Impressive. With this use I would normally have a dead battery by 4-6pm...

The KEY thing with a hard reset to see an advange, is to hard reset and DO NOT RESTORE. Manually setup everything. Texts came back for me, so it's not a worry.

No question, its better but, still only 70% of what 8.1 was.... If you still have a problem, carry a battery pack with you, or roll back to 8.1

Aswin Rajan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
would agree a hard reset especially without restore tends to significantly improve battery... i didnt do one after upgrading to the last 2-3 stable builds.. since the performance was acceptable.. nothing great, but was ok.
the battery would seem worse on day 1-2 after a hard reset... but thats how it typically is for WP, give it a few days and you'd generally not regret the effort spent on hard reset..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny