Harman Kardon Invoke - End of Life

MikeStarbucks

Sep 4, 2020
Visit site
Mine is now a useless Bluetooth-only paperweight as well. What a shame, what a waste.
However, in my opinion blaming Microsoft is barking up the wrong tree. None of us purchased a speaker from Microsoft - we got it from Harman. Microsoft did not get paid anything.
In case some people don't know, Harman owns the JBL brand in addition to Harman Kardon and several smaller brands. The company is owned by Samsung, which controls the AKG brand ("transferred" from Harman). I don't think Harman is getting enough heat for that on this forum or anywhere else. Selling you a product and removing the KEY FEATURE (not Cortana, who cares about that... I mean Spotify Connect) amounts to fraud in my world. I'm sure they are legally protected, but the wrath of the masses could have made an impact, if only this product had been bought by more than 10,000 people or so. This move by Harman should forever tarnish the Harman name for audio consumers, as well as Samsung's, including all the brands that they own. The key one impacted should have been JBL. Would you buy a JBL product knowing that Harman may take away features in an upcoming firmware update? I wouldn't.

noirsoft

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Is the update process totally dead now? I could not find my Invoke's power cord until today (Sept 8, 2021) and my WiFi info changed ages ago for security reasons. Is there any way to get the update? I might be able to temporarily resurrect the old wifi network namne/password, but will it do me any good?

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
@noirsoft, the best way to find out is to just try.
No one from Harman or Microsoft is watching this thread, so you are basically on your own.
Give it a try and good luck.
-Gamely Lounges

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes