Has anyone gotten Xbox One party chat working with Win10?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to get party chat working when I'm streaming Xbox One over to any PC. It doesn't seem to be as straight forward as I expected it to be.

Once I stream over to the PC my party can no longer hear me through the headset (original Xbox headset) but I can still hear them. Funny that this happens even when the controller is still synced directly to the console. Meaning I'm literally just using my PC's monitor as a mirror but leaving the controller connected to the console. Once I power off my TV instantly my party can no longer hear me. Only if I have the Xbox mirrored on both TV and PC simultaneously that the party can hear me.

So I tried a few other things. I physically plugged the controller into my PC's usb port and still the party can't hear me. I tried ending the chat and opening a new one through the Xbox One app and starting a party (beta). Again, I can head my party but they cannot hear me.

I opened Sound Devices and fiddled with the devices by enabling things and setting things to default etc. I went under the microphone tab and changed some things there and at one point I could hear my own voice through the PC speakers but my party again still cannot hear me.

So frustrating. I wish there was a guide for this because it seems like it should be something that should just work without me making all sorts of backend changes.

Anyone know how to get this working?