Has anyone NOT had any problems with data?

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My reception seems to vary in some spots. I did have an issue reconnecting after putting the SIM in my iPhone and then back in the Lumia. But after a few reboots it did start working again. I am not in LTE area. I don't about wifi; it does seem to be a little slow to reconnect.

I am waiting this update anyway just to see.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I hadn't had any data issues until this morning. :-( I did reboot my phone last night because Board Express Pro went all kinds of crazy. (I have a love/hate relationship with that app). But I was on WiFi last night. When I left the house and went to use TellMe for a text message, it told me I didn't have data. Rebooted, but still nothing. Airplane mode, reboot. Still nothing. Plugged in the APN information figuring I just got hit with the issue and will now patiently await the update.

At first when Nokia said it was a memory mismanagement issue I was scratching my head a bit, but when Board Express did what it did, it made a bit more sense. I wonder if anyone who did 'all of a sudden' start having issues had anything similar happen just before they lost data.

Regardless, a fix is coming. Data is 'patched' at the moment, and I'm getting $100 credit...so...I'll rest knowing it'll be fixed soon.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
None for me so far. There's only EDGE where I live ( i know=[ ) but I've been able to use 4G where available. I've also cycled power several times to test it and it never fails. I'm dying to use LTE though...
I've had mine since Friday

Last edited:

l3urton32

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Data just stopped

I was all good since I got my phone Friday until last night. I was using Bing Maps and the whole phone froze up. It eventually reset itself after like 5 minutes. When it turned back on no data. After browsing here and XDA it seems like people are having these lockups/freezes and than thats when their data goes down...basically the phone has derp moment and forget everything. I've turned the data connection on and off and power cycled the phone - nothing. I did have about 30 minutes of data today when I turned off the data connection, powered off the phone, removed the sim and let it sit for like half an hour. When I put the sim back in and turned it on I had data for a short time...than it just stopped. No phone freeze or anything.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had the issue pop up like this; no issues until a system freeze, than no data.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I did not have any data loss issue until I restated the phone. It took a while to get the data back. I did not hard reset or anything. I just tried couple of the APN settings on the forum. None of them worked. But it started working after I've deleted the APN settings and rebooted the phone. Again, i am not sure that was the reason... but the phone got the data back only AFTER I REMOVED the APN settings. Once I got the data back... I did not have the problem.

But being a curious guy... I've purposefully rebooted the phone again to test if I will loose data again. What do you know.. I DID loose data. This time.. it really took a long time for me to get it back. In fact I even called the local store to see if they have the devise in stock for the exchange. But one last time I removed the APN and rebooted... the data came back. I did not want to experiment anymore.

I preordered my phone on the 30th and waiting for the firmware upgrade. ;)