Has Microsoft made a mistake releasing the Preview?

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
We can't disagree that the firmware (made by manufacturers) change the behavior of the OS. That's the point.

Exemplo: A firmware can fix a battery issue (One of the annoying WP8.1 issue).

tlgem

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
To answer the OP's question NO! All OS's/cellphone manufacturers should allow this OPTION to avoid the the cell companies upgrade games.

Jaxonizer

May 31, 2014
Visit site
WTF? Greatness... Really? This thing is a mess. I HATE what they did to the hubs. And a lot of others do too. Me tile is broken, People-Picture hubs are dead. I am not happy with this update.New features? Sure... but we're breaking others that you've had for 4 years.

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Some people just have no business getting into this type of thing. If people can't figure out simple troubleshooting steps, they shouldn't be anywhere near pre-released operating systems.

That said, the people who commonly post if forums are there because they have an issue. Your not going to see thread after thread of "no issue here, all good!".

That said, the people who commonly post if forums are there because they have an issue. Your not going to see thread after thread of "no issue here, all good!".

So true.
Time for a new positive thread. :cool:

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Releasing the preview allowed them to get feedbacks on their product without putting it at risk of losing interest from the consumers. I think it allows them to find out what the consumers say about their current ideas, and also find out what else they want. This is a good strategy to make their product better when the official release comes.

plasmid_uk

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a couple of points as a user who has not tried the 8.1 developer preview. Your feedback is welcome...

1) Applications in the Store are receiving bad feedback for not working in 8.1. This is reducing their overall rating and in my opinion isn't acceptable. The point of the developer preview is to allow app developers to prepare their app in time for the official release of 8.1. Unfortunately as the developer preview has been opened up to the masses it seems that it has allowed users to simply complain about apps not functioning correctly from Day 1 of the preview release. Time has passed now and I agree most apps should be near completion but my point is still valid...

2) Lots of users have pinned issues on the OS instead of the firmware. On a side note I like many others was quite surprised to see so many bugs in the OS especially over different devices. Perhaps Microsoft had to meet a deadline or they were pressurised in to releasing it so quickly by the masses, we'll never know. The preview only contains low-level firmware to get the relevant hardware (Camera, Wi-Fi) working correctly. Without the full firmware we've seen many camera, Wi-Fi and battery drain issues. I think this could have been made more clearer on installation of the preview knowing that the preview would be downloaded by your average and less than average Joe.

Thoughts?

Jaxonizer

May 31, 2014
Visit site
To be precise the developer version does not contain firmware updates with it. Hence the battery and other issues. This will be rectified as the final version comes with the firmware updates. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy