Has there been a new workaround for the APN unlocks?

eric303

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I have a Verizon HTC M8 (WM) and i'm trying to use it on a different carrier, i'm aware that the MMS apn is locked, has anyone figured out a way to unlock it? Most of the post i've found were dated back to mid 2014, i've not seen any more recent post so i was wondering if there was a new work around found or did we give up on it?

thanks

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Its available via a Registry edit on your device which requires an SD card to perform.

Instructions here

This is the entry you need to edit:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISpecific\Default\CellUX]
"HideMMSAPN"="0"

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Its available via a Registry edit on your device which requires an SD card to perform.

Instructions here

This is the entry you need to edit:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISpecific\Default\CellUX]
"HideMMSAPN"="0"

​Have you tried it and does it work?

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
LTE is only if your carrier uses the 700/1700MHz LTE bands, then LTE would work.

Internet sharing works fine for me and MMS is also working flawless.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Help me out here... The XDA info is broken up at best... Where is the ability to edit the registry found? It seems easy enough to do, but it seems like most of the 'helpers' for doing it are all way past prime-time or not available for the HTC devices?

Any help on a current tutorial would be appreciated!

cversion7

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I got my Verizon M8 and tried the Windows Insider workaround to get MMS working. Microsoft patched the Windows Insider app so this workaround will no longer work. Guess I will have to suck it up and hope for another method or W10 to open it up. Dang...

Mehrazin

May 12, 2015
Visit site
i have the same problem , the APN setting is disable i cant edit or add anything , and i don't know how to rich rigistry on my phone
Nokia lumia 1520
Os Version: 8.10.14219.341

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise