has windows central has officially lots its way?

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I used to subscribe to Windows Central in my news feed for the helpful technical information and news.

What happened?

My news feed has been absolutely buried by probably over 125 posts today alone trying to get me to click links to go make purchases. I can't remember when i saw the last non - shilling post in the last few days.

And if that's not bad enough, it feels like I'm now seeing the posts repeat. Didn't i already see the post about the best NAS device to buy and the best XBox game pass and the best gaming monitor?

Are we, your readers, merely a vehicle for click-through revenue? Or do we perhaps mean more to you? The treatment we are now receiving gives me the impression that its only the former.

I'm disgusted.

Gamely Lounges

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Practically every site on the internet goes crazy with Black Friday and Cyber Monday posts. Whether you partake or not, those days are the largest shopping days of the year and the mission for any site covering those deals is to help folks weed out the good deals from the bad deals.

Yes, it can be annoying. Yes, it can leave you feeling like "merely a vehicle for click-through revenue", especially if you're not looking to buy anything but without those shopping days and people buying from those articles, a lot of sites on the internet might not exist.

If you otherwise enjoy content from the various sites across the internet, having an RSS feed messed up for a few days is a small price to pay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb