Headphone jack on back cover? Bad idea...

Asharon Baltazar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Had to edit original post since people are b1tching about what they don't like LOL 😁.
I have a headphone jack problem and I think that I'm not the first one to have it. Thank the lord for Nokia's brilliant design, to put the headphone jack on the removable cover that wasn't firmly on in the first place, because that doesn't happen, right? Well it did, Nokia, it did. I liked to play with the back cover, snapping it off and back again. And then this one time, the cover didn't want to snap back on again. I tried everything to keep it from falling off, wedging paper to keep it firmly on but it didn't work. Listening to music and watching videos are a pain since I have to make sure that it contacts the... contacts on the phone itself. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a headphone jack problem and I think that I'm not the first one to have it. Thank the lord for Nokia's brilliant design, to put the headphone jack on the removable cover that wasn't firmly on in the first place, because that doesn't happen, right? Well it did, Nokia, it did. I liked to play with the back cover, snapping it off and back again, helping me to release the whatever tension I had. And then this one time, the cover didn't want to snap back on again. I tried everything to keep it from falling off, wedging paper to keep it firmly on but it didn't work. Listening to music and watching videos are a pain since I have to make sure that it contacts the... contacts on the phone itself. Any suggestions?

That's your own fault for breaking it... expect no sympathy.

Asharon Baltazar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
That's your own fault for breaking it... expect no sympathy.

I didn't break it. Nothing's missing from the cellphone or the cover. And if you don't have advice, just don't say anything. The last things we need is more people who comment like you. And let's say that I did break it, of you got advice that does generate sympathy, I'd like to hear it.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
And then this one time, the cover didn't want to snap back on again. I tried everything to keep it from falling off, wedging paper to keep it firmly on but it didn't work

That is what is known in the business as "broken" ie, it no longer functions as intended.

Aviskri

May 13, 2014
Visit site
No problems in my 520, that also has the headphone jack hole in the back cover. The back cover has little plastic pieces in the borders for keeping it in place, these should have broke. Buy a new cover

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Bottom line, your abnormal behavior of constant stress/wear/snapping on/off the cover damaged/broke something. (Nokia surely tested for occasional/frequent removals and stuff since the battery is removable, but nowhere near the extent you said you would do.) I would recommend getting another cover, and maybe few more if you're going to continue with that habit.

You can't blame the phone's design entirely since you abused it.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Bottom line, your abnormal behavior of constant stress/wear/snapping on/off the cover damaged/broke something. (Nokia surely tested for occasional/frequent removals and stuff since the battery is removable, but nowhere near the extent you said you would do.) I would recommend getting another cover, and maybe few more if you're going to continue with that habit.

You can't blame the phone's design entirely since you abused it.

Or one where that's not possible...

Last edited:

Asharon Baltazar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
ONE BIG EDIT: Nothing, nothing , (how can I emphasize this?!?) nothing has broken off! Maybe I should post pics?
And I didn't ask anyone to point fingers. I'm simply wondering if anyone has anything helpful (ideas) to say about tightening the cover to the phone. It's my fault but I didn't ask you what you think of it. Suddenly everyone became a f&cking judge. This is a "helpful" forum after all, right? And yes, I'm pissed about Nokia's design. They should have thought of the phone maybe falling or... there's a billion other scenarios that could loosen the cover. They should have either made it tight like the Nokia Lumia 820 or stick the headphone jack into the phone like the Nokia Lumia 520. Sometimes middle ground is good but not this time...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion