Heads up ! Download size for AU !! Y U DU DIS MSFT ?? :'( :'(

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Include me in that list as well.

Microsoft just assumes, if a person is able to afford a phone, PC, a legit OS, then why not a good internet connection.
Only us few know how some network companies in India are looting us, overcharging us.
It will always be difficult for a person living in a developing country to keep up with the technology.

Even if I have the money to get a decent connection, Eg : Spectranet and ACT who are private broadband providers who have vfm plans, they don't have service where I live.

I am forced to use another ISP which provides unlimited data without FUP at relatively cheaper rates than government ISP.

I do not know how Microsoft is going to be successful in India.
No wonder they didn't launch some of their products and services.

Well, I'm in Kenya and at least the internet situation here is improving yearly if not monthly. I can pay 45USD for an unlimited 15Mbps connection which is the cheapest option available. College wifi is great but congested in daytime. The good thing is a lot of cafes nowadays have free wifi though you have to be a customer to use it. And speeds can be anything from a pathetic 1Mbps to 50Mbps

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Well, I'm in Kenya and at least the internet situation here is improving yearly if not monthly. I can pay 45USD for an unlimited 15Mbps connection which is the cheapest option available. College wifi is great but congested in daytime. The good thing is a lot of cafes nowadays have free wifi though you have to be a customer to use it. And speeds can be anything from a pathetic 1Mbps to 50Mbps

That's pretty cheap compared to India. But when you can't have a landline, like when you are living in hostel, damn the cellular data is 10 times pricey!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm in Kenya and at least the internet situation here is improving yearly if not monthly. I can pay 45USD for an unlimited 15Mbps connection which is the cheapest option available.

Cheapest option I've found with reliable coverage in the US is $65US per month for an 8Mbps unlimited connection, and that's for your phone and they'll disconnect you if they catch you tethering. Tethering is disabled on that carrier. I need coverage for my laptop, and can't get cable where I live. Sure, I'm moving in 5 more days and will finally have Cable Internet, but there are a LOT of people that the only internet they can get or afford is limited data. Some are only able to obtain Satellite Internet because of where they live in the US. This is nearly half the US population, and most opt to just use their cellular data only, and tether when needed. Many are still on (gasp!) dial-up connections due to lack of availability of other options, as I was until 2 years ago.

The US isn't considered to be a developing country, but they've got a LONG ways to go to catch up with other areas of the world when it comes to Internet access. Microsoft is located here and doesn't even realize it.

Satellite Internet comes in as LAN to the PC, but it is metered with large overages charged. Microsoft still doesn't allow you to set a LAN connection to be metered as far as I know. This is nearly criminal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos