Heart Rate stopped reccording

Frank Lai1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone's band 2 stopped recording heart rate?

I've had mine for about 6 months now, no battery issue (or at least not yet). Was using the band 2 when I noticed that it no longer register's my heart rate when the band 2 is in regular mode (non-exercise mods)

I am using the band 2 paired to an android. I have made sure the band app is updated, even uninstalled and reinstalled it.

Still records my heart rate during exercises, but when not exercises, screen states "Where'd you go? Wear me to see your Hear Rate"

There is also a companion app in android that allows me to see how each sensor is functioning. It seems that the galvanic skin sensor no longer registers (IE the band thinks I am not wearing it), so I am assuming it won't use the optic heart sensor to find my heart rate.

I've tried cleaning the sensor inputs (the 2 metal dots on the batter section of the band), factory reset, hard and soft reset, and the band 2 still does not register. All the other sensors work (steps, barometer, UV...)

Any other ideas. My band 2 is out of warranty, Microsoft is not replacing it.

Thanks

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
The quickest way to get the HB activated if not in a program for me is tap on time, sweep past steps, distance, etc, etc to heart rate. Acquiring begins. Not sure what you mean by Recording.

Frank Lai1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
When I say recording, it does not detect my heart rate. The band 2 does not detect me wearing the band, so it does not record my heart rate. Only when in exercise mode, because it forces it to do so.

So I am seeing if there is a way to reset the galvanic skin sensor (I am assuming it is because of that) to see if the band 2 will detect me again.

GreenDrazi

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I’m suddenly having the same issues with the heart rate monitoring not working, or working sporadically at best, after working flawlessly for the last 18 months. For sleep monitoring, I’m getting only about 3 hours out of 8 hrs recorded. And a 500 calorie/50 minute workout is now down to 60 calories with no heart rate above 70 shown during the workout and with no heart rate showing up on the MS dashboard.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to jump start this back into working? Tightening, cleaning and resetting do nothing to improve the issue. I need about another 4-6 weeks out of this before moving on to something else. I’m on my second replacement and it’s now well out of warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos