Hellblade 2' will be delivered in 2.39:1 aspect ratio, creating cinematic film bars on non-ultrawide displays

TBBudak

May 27, 2023
Visit site
Hellblade 2 is launching on May 21, 2024, and Ninja Theory just confirmed an interesting titbit about its cinematic delivery.

Hellblade 2' will be delivered in 2.39:1 aspect ratio, creating cinematic film bars on non-ultrawide displays : Read more
Baffled at Ninja Theory's pursuit for a cinematic experience. One thing that i've noticed from the Xbox community is that they absolutely hate 'cinematic, over the shoulder' games. As seen by their response to PS exclusives, i thought the Xbox community hated those type of games.

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Baffled at Ninja Theory's pursuit for a cinematic experience. One thing that i've noticed from the Xbox community is that they absolutely hate 'cinematic, over the shoulder' games. As seen by their response to PS exclusives, i thought the Xbox community hated those type of games.

So, in criticisms of PS exclusives, Xbox fans cited anything subjective about them as a negative. And PS fans do the same with Xbox exclusives. On both sides, those statements, whether true opinions of the complainants or just an excuse to attack the competing console, mean nothing to the broader group of players. I'm sure there's not much statistical difference in preferences between PS and Xbox players in terms of camera angle and display.

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
It does seem wasteful to me not to use all the pixels at our disposal to make the game as immersive as possible. That said, the description just says 2:39:1 will be the default, so maybe it will include an option to either zoom in or expand the view up and down.

If they don't include a full screen view on Xbox, another possible explanation is that they needed to shrink the viewport in order to increase performance to achieve those amazing visuals (if you only need to animate part of the screen, that saves resources).

Looks like an amazing game regardless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen