Hello (WP8 on Tmobile today)

WinnerByRNC

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm new here, but thank you for such a great website!

I just notice on T-Mobile's website today that the WP8 devices are now available for purchase.

Nokia 810:
$549 (no contract price)
-$350.00 instant rebate (New 2 year contract w/2gb data plan)
-$50.00 mail in rebate (New 2 year contract w/2gb data plan)

Final Price $149.99

HTC 8X:
$599.00 (no contract price)
-$350.00 instant rebate (New 2 year contract w/2gb data plan)
-$50.00 mail in rebate (New 2 year contract w/2gb data plan)

Final Price $ 199.99

Now...which one should i get????

UPDATE:
I went to the TMo store during lunch to buy one of these phones. Both looked good, but 8X was simply more eye catching as well as the screen seemed to pop more (didn’t look at settings IE brightness). I took 2 pictures with each phone of the same thing and to be honest I didn’t see anything difference. Much like all the WP8's out right now, each had its benefits and draw backs.

So what did I get...NONE! At least not yet. The lady told me that on Friday these phones will be going on sale and I should be able to get a significant price break. Couldn't tell you if she knows what she's talking about or not, but I can wait until Friday to find out.

UPDATE: 11/19/12

Well after spending 3 hrs at the store, 2 hrs on the phone, 2+ hrs online...i still don't have a phone. This weekends sale had thier system all tied up!!!

On a side note...If you work for Chevron (or maybe you can pretend to work for Chevron) and either have not taken advantage of the corp. discount, want to add a line, or want to start a new service agreement with T-Mobile…you can get the HTC 8X for $74.99 or an 810 for $24.99.
Sale ends November the 29th.

http://pages.iloqal.com/chevron

If that link doesn't work try this one

http://chevrec.mybigcommerce.com/products/T%2dMobile.html

Last edited:

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell you what to do. But my experience with Nokia Lumias has been nothing but positive. Don't forget, with a Lumia you get Nokia Apps which include Nokia Drive, you don't get that with the 8X. However, the Lumia 810 has a much lower resolution screen than the 8X, which may or may not be important to you. I am sure you'd be happy with either one. But are you sure you want to get a 2-yr contract?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The 8X is a better phone, with a better display. At only $50 price difference, it's a no-brainer -- the 810 is WAY overpriced, even on full contract. Compare the "full priced" 810 to a full-priced 820 on AT&T if you want to see what I mean...

HockeyaMek18

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the exact same situation as you are! Can't decide which phone I want (well really it would be the lumia 920 but I don't think tmobile will be getting it) unfortunately though the say on friday and saturday are only for samsung phone :/, but I hope I'm wrong and these phones are on sale too!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not too familiar with the 810 and 8X.

But if I recall correctly, the 8X has the advantage of a higher resolution screen.

The L810 has expandable storage and Nokia exclusive apps.

Is that correct?

WinnerByRNC

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: 11/19/2012

Well after spending 3 hrs at the store, 2 hrs on the phone, 2+ hrs online...i still don't have a phone. This weekends sale had thier system all tied up!!!

On a side note...If you work for Chevron (or maybe you can pretend to work for Chevron) and either have not taken advantage of the corp. discount, want to add a line, or want to start a new service agreement with T-Mobile…you can get the HTC 8X for $74.99 or an 810 for $24.99.

T-Mobile Offers - Chevron

T-Mobile - ChevRec Online Store

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: 11/19/2012

On a side notel...If you work for Chevron (or maybe you can pretend to work for Chevron) and either have not taken advantage of the corp. discount, want to add a line, or want to start a new service agreement with T-Mobile…you can get the HTC 8X for $74.99 or an 810 for $24.99.

T-Mobile Offers - Chevron

T-Mobile - ChevRec Online Store

:giggle:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro