Help cant decide lumia 2520 or surface 2?

Ahmed Bilal

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
(Hi fellow windows phone central people need some help with this because it is just too dificult to decide between the lumia 2520 and surface 2. i wanted to ask on here because i think people who have the surface or surface 2 may be able to give me advice from experience and also people who know much about nokias tablet could help. so i definately need a full size usb port on the one i get because then i can watch all my tv shows. i also see that this is likely going to be rare thing from nokia as it might not be nokia anymore which makes me really want the 2520 but then i realise it can only expand microsd card to 32gb (says on the website) which pulls me towards the surface. AAARGH so furstrating :S can anyone offer some advice?
will be waiting and responding to any replies i get.
thanks)
(british by the way if that somehow helps is some way)

Thanks for all the opinions guys and gals got a quick question are you able to download things like apps to external memory such as micro sd card or usb flash drive on any windows tablet? i think that if you can do this then it shall be the lumia 2520 for me! this has been an annoyance with my lumia 520 as ive completely filled it up with stuff and i cannot put anything more on it because it wont let me download to microsd card :( its a big bummer for me and i wouldnt like to be feeling the same way on a tablet too

Last edited:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest comparing the specs with each other and go for the one that suits your needs the most.

And watch some hands on videos of both.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got a replacement Surface 2 had to take first one back because it was faulty. But other than that I love it and I think the advantages of having a full size USB port and built in kickstand and keyboards with back lit keys etc are better than what Nokia is offering but its all personal opinion.

bjax

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You could always have two full-sized USB ports if you get the power cover. I'm sure you would probably do that just the same as you would probably get a keyboard cover for the surface. Also, I read somewhere that while it doesn't say it supports 64gb, it will still work if you use it. But that's just what I've heard.

Ahmed Bilal

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
hmmmm yeah but to be honest if i get this keypad it will have usb port so i can easily plug in my external harddrive and watch all my shows :)

Doctor Pork

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The Surface magnesium body certainly has it's own appeal, but the more rounded shape of the Lumia series is more comfortable to hold. Also, for those of us living in colder climates, the polycarbonate together with a super sensitive touch screen is more convenient if we even consider to use it outside... When the temperature is dropping below zero degrees Celsius, you will appreciate the design of the Lumia 920 compared to the HTC One if you have to make a call outside.

Ahmed Bilal

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
dammit thats also true well back to square one...
just wanted to say to everyone here thanks for all the input i really love the wpcentral community.

Ahmed Bilal

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
hmmm ill have to look into that thanks for your input if it does get scratched easily then 2520 for me but then again it could have been a specific incident and doesnt really apply

Ahmed Bilal

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
very true in england here and its getting chilli so it will be very usefull to not have to take my gloves off... also does anyone else think these amazing nokia features like wireless charging and supersensitive screen are going unoticed just because its nokia i mean if apple brought something similar everyone would lose their minds but riight now noone is batting an eye :(

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've got a Surface RT so not a Surface 2 but ill try and summarise the advantages for each. Surface: kickstand, aftermarket support, quality metal design. Nokia: Cameras, LTE, NFC. It really depends how much you value each. For me I wouldn't use the LTE or cameras much but I do love the kickstand and design of the Surface so that would be my choice.

msweig

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a Surface 2 and I'm astounded by the quality of the front facing camera. Very good for video calls. Obviously I can't compare it to the Nokia though.

bjax

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
very true in england here and its getting chilli so it will be very usefull to not have to take my gloves off... also does anyone else think these amazing nokia features like wireless charging and supersensitive screen are going unoticed just because its nokia i mean if apple brought something similar everyone would lose their minds but riight now noone is batting an eye :(

Yes, I think those two aspects are being overlooked as well. I think once it actually comes out and we get some reviews, these things won't go unnoticed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss