Help! Monitoring data on Windows 7.5?

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay this is a long shot, but are there any apps or ways of monitoring daily data usage on Windows 7.5?
I've been getting crazy overage charges, and I'm not sure if it's an app, my phone in general, or the carrier calculating it wrong.

I mostly just check Fuse (with feeds mostly consisting of text/images), a few websites (again mostly light websites), and emails and I've reached over 1.5GB this month! I can't believe that for a second.

Rogers (my carrier) doesn't have an option to see daily usage they only have total monthly usage (which is ridiculous).

Hope someone can help!

smsmith1975

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has an app called "Counters" that let's you see what type of usage you are using for calls, messaging and data. Perhaps Samsung also has one (your profile shows your phone as a Focus)?

smsmith1975

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have a Samsung Focus but no apps that I see in the Samsung Zone :(
Sorry, I was hoping Samsung made one like Nokia did. I did find an app called Data Usage by irfan, but it looks like it just gives an estimate on what your usage might be. You might give it a try to see what your usage might be to see if it falls in line with what your carrier is saying you are using. ATT used to have a number where you could text and it would send you back your usage info. Maybe Rogers has the same type of thing?

Another app called Call Credit by Andrew Elks seems like it might monitor your usage. From reading the description, it appears that it basically pulls the info off of the provider account. I didn't see Rogers listed as one of the providers the app works with, but it didn't list them all. You might try that, too.

LongLeggs said:
Counters doesn't work. It only counts messages, all the other stuff never registers.....
Seems to be registering calls, messaging and data usage for me, but I've only had it installed for about a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99