Help please I am new to smart phones

Keith Atkinson2

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
I have had my new 920 for ten days now and with light use it can last 2-3 days on a charge but if I play video or use gps etc I get a high drain on the battery in the region of 50-60% in a hour plus a hot phone, The charging rate is also disappointing at times taking 6-8 hrs to charge I am seeing charging rates from 9-17% per hour I once saw 37% per hour but never saw that again.
My question is are these things normal for a 920 so I just need to live with it or do I have a duff unit I need to send back for replacement

Many thanks in advance for any comments/advice

l cs

May 20, 2013
Visit site
All are normal and same as my 920 except the slow charging rate. 3 hrs should be sufficient for charging. If charging using a USB 2.0 port on PC, however, it will probably take about 6-8 hrs.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The 920 charged within 2hr15min using charging plate and 2hrs 5min using wall usb and around 2hrs30min for PC usb. However PC usb depends on your laptop model. The 6-8 hrs you having there might be the fact you are using it while charging.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Charging from a PC/Laptop is usually considerably slower than from a wall outlet. Other than that your figures seem fairly normal, except it seems outside gaming your usage is very light, but yes, gaming is very battery heavy on any smartphone.

Keith Atkinson2

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys thanks for the feedback. I seem to get the same charging rates using the supplied mains adapter and my pc I have tried both however my car charger is very slightly quicker but not much. One other thing there is a lot of talk on the forum about the 920 battery drain but little about the 925 dose anyone have any info/experience on this?
This forum is great you guys are very helpful
Many thanks

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Six to eight hours for charging? It shouldn't take longer than two to three. However, if you charge your phone overnight, you probably won't notice any difference as it should be fully charged when you waken. I think others have already mentioned this, but it's slower to charge when you rely on wireless charging. Personally, I prefer the regular charger because it's faster and tends to hold a charge longer.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
if you are charging it from a usb laptop port you may be charging on an underpowered port which would account for your slow charging rate. Are you using the charging cord that came with the 920? If not that's what you should be using and use the usb wall charger plug that came with the phone. As far as the 925 it has not been officially released in the US so there's probably not much known about it yet.

Keith Atkinson2

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I dont have a laptop and am only using the wall charger or my pc the speed is almost the same. I think I will pull the sim and put it in my old android phone it charges in 2 hrs that 8 hr charging is just too much as I need to have the phone with me most of the day

thanks again

MerlinJnr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys thanks for the feedback. I seem to get the same charging rates using the supplied mains adapter and my pc I have tried both however my car charger is very slightly quicker but not much. One other thing there is a lot of talk on the forum about the 920 battery drain but little about the 925 dose anyone have any info/experience on this?
This forum is great you guys are very helpful
Many thanks

i have a 925, and yes games do drain the battery. I find that skype however, does the most draining. (and phone heating). But i am going 12 hrs on one charge with mixed usage. I charge overnight, so don't really know how long it takes. Not needed to charge during day yet. Battery saver seems to see me through the last hours of a day nicely.

Keith Atkinson2

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys looks like my 920 is not faulty just a battery killer I have now pulled the sim and its in my old phone but the 920 has a new job when we moved house my pc lost a foot and was a little unbalanced the 920 is doing a great job propping it up

Take care guys and thanks for all your help

Keith Atkinson2

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
sad it is but one missed call during the day due to a flat battery can cost me $1500 so my old phone with its four day battery life is back in service

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb