HERE maps are outdated !!

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the service for more than a year in INDIA...it does give me accurate results but MUMBAI maps are pretty much outdated...i have been trying to update the maps but it always says MAPS ARE UP TO DATE !!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I did talk to them and even sent a mail 4 months back but no action was taken by them..!!

What was their response when you spoke to them? When you emailed them? You know you may need to look at alternative solutions until your updates arrive. Have you tried to get a different solution or you only want to use Nokia maps?

patrickwee

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Updating maps may need spend a lot of time for researching , therefore they may do not want to spend such time for update maps .

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
What was their response when you spoke to them? When you emailed them? You know you may need to look at alternative solutions until your updates arrive. Have you tried to get a different solution or you only want to use Nokia maps?

I got no response from them...i contacted them on their toll free number and the executive was not able to provide me details

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I got no response from them...i contacted them on their toll free number and the executive was not able to provide me details

So after 4 months, you finally got tired of getting lost getting around Mumbai. Time to bring it to the people. lol. JK, anyway, I hear the Nokia forums on Sundays are a good place to get questions answered. Maybe you could stop by some evening and where people are there to answer questions.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So after 4 months, you finally got tired of getting lost getting around Mumbai. Time to bring it to the people. lol. JK, anyway, I hear the Nokia forums on Sundays are a good place to get questions answered. Maybe you could stop by some evening and where people are there to answer questions.

Their maps are good enough for navigation but still there are many new structure..buildings which have come up in past 3 years which is not present on the map !!

Google has the updated maps

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Their maps are good enough for navigation but still there are many new structure..buildings which have come up in past 3 years which is not present on the map !!

Google has the updated maps

Last 3 years?? Interesting. Here Maps dropped in February 2013 for Windows 8. Google maps dropped in early 2009. Kind of a head start. As much as might want our tech to be like getting a burger at the drive thru, its not quite that simple. Be patient. Mumbai will get mapped.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Last 3 years?? Interesting. Here Maps dropped in February 2013 for Windows 8. Google maps dropped in early 2009. Kind of a head start. As much as might want our tech to be like getting a burger at the drive thru, its not quite that simple. Be patient. Mumbai will get mapped.

HERE Maps was Nokia Maps, which came out before 2011, I think. It was on Symbian devices. Don't forget it uses Navteq, which is on motor vehicles.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
HERE Maps was Nokia Maps, which came out before 2011, I think. It was on Symbian devices. Don't forget it uses Navteq, which is on motor vehicles.

I didn't forget. They were OVI maps before Nokia Nokia maps with Bing and the massive porting project to Windows Phone began. All of which were subject to licensing, money and time. It could be Nokia already has the new structures @ Mumbai but Ashish is stuck on the corner of 1st and 1st and Here maps can't figure out to go east or west. :)

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I didn't forget. They were OVI maps before Nokia Nokia maps with Bing and the massive porting project to Windows Phone began. All of which were subject to licensing, money and time. It could be Nokia already has the new structures @ Mumbai but Ashish is stuck on the corner of 1st and 1st and Here maps can't figure out to go east or west. :)

I did have an update of maps in june when i had initially purchased 520...after getting 820 in august i never had any,update...

Is there any source from where i can cross check my downloaded maps version ?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Lets be honest, India is huge. Nokia will have X number of cars, and they will have a schedule for what parts of the country they will be covering when.

I would be very supprised if they had employees sat waiting for people like you to ask for updated maps of certain areas. Unfortunately you'll be at the mercy of their schedule, which i can't imagine will change because of a single email.

windoors

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Here maps and I honestly find it better than GMaps!
Lets be honest, India is huge. Nokia will have X number of cars, and they will have a schedule for what parts of the country they will be covering when.
That sounds like a fairy tale!

SRoshan143

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I use the map when i travel to Karnataka and in Maharashtra (INDIAN STATES), mainly i use it in Mumbai and its damn accurate, better than the gmaps available in the store from 3rd party.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I would be very supprised if they had employees sat waiting for people like you to ask for updated maps of certain areas. Unfortunately you'll be at the mercy of their schedule, which i can't imagine will change because of a single email.

I am not whinging about their lack of service..please read what i said...

I use the maps on daily basis but maps are 3 years old !!
Many places shown as barren land now have high rise or malls !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb