Hi, first windows phone and also return to windows.

gschneiderAW18

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

I have returned to windows this year from a complete Apple environment for the past 6 years. Between myself and my partner we have everything Apple right down to our router. Recently though Apple has begun to really grate on me, the moto 'it just works' no longer works, iOS7 is a disaster I can't even get my iMessages to send. Mavericks well lets just say I am not keen.

So I have converted back to windows I loved gaming and tweaking things so I bought Alienware 18 laptop and sold my MacBook pro. One of our iPads has gone, though my gf has bought an iPad air for use with our daughter. She has retained her MacBook pro and Mac pro as she requires them for work.

We have both now got rid of our iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s and switched to Lumia 925's which should arrive this week. My laptop is now running windows 8.1. Cant really fault it, 8.1 after all runs battlefield 4 far better than older OS's.

My laptop being so heavy at 18" is a little to cumbersome to be truly portable so I am now looking at getting either a Surface 2 or Lumia 2520. This will put myself back on an all windows ecosystem. I have even started using the DLNA built to my TV instead of using my Apple TV.

Anyway its nice to meet you all.

Glen

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow you just dove straight into windows like it was no big deal... You made the right choice :) Welcome

(...lol)

Last edited:

gschneiderAW18

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Before my Apple migration I was on Windows XP Pro 64bit. So I had some fair knowledge of windows from the past. I was a gamer/tweaker. Overclocking what I could for that performance edge etc.. Stuff you just can not do on a Mac. That's not to say Mac wasn't great for a time. Airplay, iCloud, OSX Snow leopard up to and including Lion and iOS before iOS7 were simply superior in all but everyway to Windows. I returned to windows first on my laptop I missed gaming but need to be able to move my device. Hey presto an Alienware laptop and dear god does it kick out some frames (not to mention some heat) I have tweaked my gpu's though ;)

My iPhone 5 since iOS7 has made me want to sell my soul just to get a message out to someone. Honeslty I have almost thrown it at all wall some many times! but now its gone! I liked windows 8.1 so much that I have decided to give windows phone 8 a go.

( UK :) )

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I find that the Microsoft Ecosystem is the best. I would make sure you switch your email, contacts and calendar over to Outlook.com. It will make everything run very smooth.

Outlook.com has ways you can import your gmail, and other services right into outlook.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome WP Central forums, Always nice to have new members join in, ask questions and post in the thread's.
Good Luck :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs