Hi, Is there any way to scan the SD card manually?

Karthik DK

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
During installation of an app my data connection got disconnected and i download once again, but it showing as the app is being installed but its not showing in the app list. Is there any solution for scanning SD card manually

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I had that issue a couple of months ago. I was unable to figure out how to do it from the phone. I ended up removing the card and scanning it from my laptop using a card reader.

Perhaps if there is a way with the phone, someone will respond.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You could try to login with your phone account on your PC. On www.windowsphone.com . Go to purchase history . Than you see al the apps you have (ones) installed. Push reinstall. Allow phone to accept push notifications under SETTING > FIND MY PHONE. Maybe this will help.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Only with the Files app or similar apps. But you will not find apps on the card because the "protected".

Doing a check disk on an SD card does not care about the hidden files and protected files. It is a system level scan. It can find them.

As a matter of fact, if you want to see them yourself, you can select the options to show hidden and system files and see them appear. However, you won't be able to make sense of them because they are encrypted. The fact that they are encrypted protects them from prying eyes, but does not prevent check disk from making repairs to bad sections of an SD card, and I have successfully done that when I had an SD card go bad a while back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster