Holy Adblock needed for Edge!

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I dumped old faultfull Firefox and its plugins without turning back and I'm using Edge as default now. For ad blocking I tried: mvp host which gives ugly website connection errors in blocked ad places, AdFender - its free, blocks nice amount of ads but doesn't block bing and google search ads, but best results I got with Adguard -free trial for 30 days, after that it demands subscription, but blocks all imaginable ads, even including above mentioned search results microsoft ads :D , you can even block website elements like twitter, g+ fb buttons etc. (to have that untick enable useful ads) XD But as a free alternative use AdFender, its 1.4 version now.
Currently I'm using adguard, and im happy with it a lot. Recently I figured that some Windows 10 aps cannot show ads while running that software (they show square though!). Websites look pretty blank and lifeless now :D

Last edited:

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
if you want to try adguard for 180 days, you can download the Russian special version
????????-?????? Adguard ?? 6 ??????? ????????? (Comss.ru) - ??????? ? ??????

on here: Adguard ??? Windows 5.10.2051 (Comss.ru) ??????? ????????? - ???????? ? ??????? - Comss

so, that way you get it for 180 days instead of 30 days. I don't use it, I still have hopes Microsoft can bring extension support soon. so installing stuff for just adblocking aren't my thing. but 180 days are better than 30 for sure.

I never had problems with host file so that's why I use it, not connection problems or anything. But if someone wants something "better" to block ads, people can use that 180 trial.

About AdFender mentioned above. I never tested it because it never said it was compatible unlike adguard.
but I found someone suggesting that you need to manually change your Windows 10 proxy to 127.0.0.1 port 7070 to make it work. and it should be filtered though the AdFender proxy.
But of course using that, it will work everything, not just Edge. just like Host file thing, but of course it will be more easily controlled than editing the Host file.
It's free like Demian said, easier to manage than host file, I don't think you can exclude sites but if that using Adfender proxy works, people could try that.
I never used adfender or tested it so I don't know if it really works, again, installing something for adblocking is not my thing. but I found that little proxy step if someone wants to try it and use it with Edge as another alternative to see if Edge can be used with no ads.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Adfender works the same as Adblock plugin for browsers, has the same options and layout, but uses significantly less memory than Adblock. It also has easylists and other stuff easily accessible and updates regularly, runs in system tray, but doesn't slow pc and browsing. It also reminds me of hosts file, but more user friendly, and easier to use for people that don't want to mess with editing system files... On the other hand hosts file has the same effect as abovementioned Adfender, but i had experienced website errors in places where ads previously were placed. Errors like "Uff, something happened","Can't connect" etc, instead of ads displayed. Because of plugins i dumped Firefox in the first place, they were slowing my browser, search, and pc. Adguard, which I currently use, doesn't slow �� my Edge Binging ��. It supports feature to not block ads on selected web pages, so sites like Windowscentral, WMPoweruser and others can generate income from ads ;) Yeah, big bad thing is its trial, but subscription is well worth of it. I gave up with plugins, because if my pc can run most pc intensive newest games, and i wait for browser with 3-5 plugins up to 10 seconds...well... ��

Last edited:

neo666fhk

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
The discussion how a website or app earns money shouldn't be the concerns of the user. I use adblock everywhere because fact of the matter is, that viewing ads without asking for permission is fraud and privacy violation. If a website or app needs ads to earn money, that's their problem, not mine. They may prevent me from visitng their website with adblock and that's okay, because at least they asked and i got the right to choose if i want to use the service and have to see ads in exchange or not.
Saying that using adblock is like stealing is just ignorant and comparing ads on a website with ads on TV ist just wrong. If I'm watching TV and there are ads comming up, I switch channel before I see them. On websites i don't have this opportunity.
If i want to use a service and it's worth paying for, I'm always willing to pay for it. But I'm not willing to load megabytes of ads onto my device in any case, especially if they are spying like hell and violate nearly every form of privacy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)