Holy crap, syncing with WP8 is a trainwreck.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It might be working but that is not a logical way to do things, seeing as you can't do any editing on the phone why would you keep songs on a phone that were no longer part of a playlist?

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
What if a song is featured in multiple playlists?

Exactly, so if a song in multiple playlists then it stays as it is referenced in other playlists, but if it is not in anyother then surely it should come off? The only songs that should stay that are not part of a playlist are whole albums.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you have an Xbox music pass the music situation is "acceptable" but the apps on all platforms need a LOT of work, especially the Windows app. I'm enjoying the music experience but it is no Zune.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, so if a song in multiple playlists then it stays as it is referenced in other playlists, but if it is not in anyother then surely it should come off? The only songs that should stay that are not part of a playlist are whole albums.

To me, this would not make much sense. Currently it works as it should. Think of playlists as as created list of shortcuts to the actual song. When you delete a playlist or a song from a playlist you are only deleting the shortcut extension, not the actual song. This is how it should work.

If you want a song out of a playlist and off of your phone, you just delete the song.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
But why would you delete a playlist and leave the songs on the device? If you have a playlist of 50 songs and the delete it are you going to the go play those songs individually? It would only really be useful if you shuffle a lot. That is the one thing iTunes did right I could manage all my playlists on my PC and all my devices synched with it. Now it seems a right pain to update playlists with new songs and remove ones that I no longer want.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
But why would you delete a playlist and leave the songs on the device? If you have a playlist of 50 songs and the delete it are you going to the go play those songs individually? It would only really be useful if you shuffle a lot. That is the one thing iTunes did right I could manage all my playlists on my PC and all my devices synched with it. Now it seems a right pain to update playlists with new songs and remove ones that I no longer want.

I will admit, I completly dislike playlists. I chose certain songs or albums to listen to, but mostly I just hit shuffle all. If I did create a playlist and deleted a song from it or the playlist itself, that does not mean I want the songs off my phone, I may want to still listen to it, just not in that playlist.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Because you might have a playlist of say songs from the 1980's but then decide you no longer want the playlist on the phone. However I still want the songs on my phone. They might be part of an album or as you say, on shuffle mode I'd like to have the opportunity to play it again. And iTunes doens't work that way. You delete a song from a playlist it only removes it from the playlist, not from your music library. As mentioned, a playlist is really just a bunch of shortcuts to music in your library giving easy access, they're not physically linked.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
What's the current version of the Windows Phone for Desktop software? And how the heck are we supposed to update it?

Looking for that myself. It seems like when I downloaded the first one on my XP pro PC and try to install it it would not let me because it thinks I am running a server OS which of course is not true.

Bryan_J

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Sure I might play them individually. In fact, I do. I had a song from a soundtrack in a playlist that I ended up deleting last week but I've listened to the song itself a couple of times since.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Because you might have a playlist of say songs from the 1980's but then decide you no longer want the playlist on the phone. However I still want the songs on my phone. They might be part of an album or as you say, on shuffle mode I'd like to have the opportunity to play it again. And iTunes doens't work that way. You delete a song from a playlist it only removes it from the playlist, not from your music library. As mentioned, a playlist is really just a bunch of shortcuts to music in your library giving easy access, they're not physically linked.

That how my iTunes worked on my iPhone, if I had a album synced to the phone and I deleted a playlist it would delete all the songs from that playlist but leave the ones that were part of a album as I has specifically placed it there. We all use our kit differently the bottom line is that the current sync method sucks and we need proper two way sync.

I have about 80 playlist that I have created and managing 1500+ songs from a library of 7000 is really tedious. I don't want to spend time manually updating a playlist and then having to delete songs and then then manually copy them to the device there really needs to be some two way syncing going on.

I tried the desktop app again yesterday and while it is now better (and offers the functionality I want) it seems to randomly skip some songs in playlists when synching, this is all so frustrating.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Synced my phone the other day, though the desktop file WP app (odd I know) and when I traveled today and decided to listen to some music, I found that every song was on the phone 4 times. What a complete waste. MS really dropped the ball on this function.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte