How bad is tablet mode for Windows 10?

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any speed deficit in the multitasking. I think 10 is much better.

The App Commands are all there.
Again, I never mentioned multitasking. I said Fast App Switching. Perhaps you haven't used that feature.

Whatever App Commands are, it's more cumbersome. What you have in 8.1 is a simple gestured swipe, then slide toggle for brightness or volume (all with one thumb). In this build, it's extra cumbersome to get to. All of this was in my feedback to Microsoft of course. I just hope they listen.

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm following now... duh

Swiping in apps from the left.

Yes I miss that. But I think a lot of people hated it unfortunately.

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It IS idiotic.

But there was an awful lot of idiocy, panic and small-mindedness displayed by a lot of people with Windows 8/8.1

Unfortunately, Microsoft has to appease these people, thus we get compromises:angry:

But I still think Build 9926 is pretty good. Certainly its light years ahead of the earlier builds.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I think you are missing what I'm actually saying.

If you are saying no one used the fast app switching (which I doubt), then how are you switching between apps?

Are you connecting your keyboard and hitting alt-tab? Are you going back to the start menu and launching the app again? Please do tell.

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No, I did misunderstand, but it dawned on me what you meant.

I'm not saying no one used it. I'm saying that its a feature that I bet a lot of users didn't like.

Because everyone decided all the new stuff in 8/8.1 was bad without actually using it themselves. Hence Microsoft needing to 'dumb it down'.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
No, I did misunderstand, but it dawned on me what you meant.

I'm not saying no one used it. I'm saying that its a feature that I bet a lot of users didn't like.

Because everyone decided all the new stuff in 8/8.1 was bad without actually using it themselves. Hence Microsoft needing to 'dumb it down'.

Eh.. whatever.

I'm not so sure you can vouch for the amount of people you talk for. Unless you have some hard data that Microsoft has usage stats on, you're just wildly speculating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254