How can I count my steps now that bing/msn health & fitness is gone?

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Is official, msn health and fitness is not working anymore, not even for step counting...
So... what can I do?
I can't find any good app that uses sensorcore (that's importart to me for precision and battery usage).... and step counting is really big deal to me... ANYONE? HELP!
:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Health and Fitness is still tracking my steps and still forwarding them to Lock Screen and Glance.

Microsoft Health will track your steps now, but won't forward them to Lock/Glance yet.

In Microsoft Health you have to link your phone.

Open the App > tap the connect button (Top right - looks like a molecule or a large blob with 4 small blobs on radial arms) > tap My Phone > enable Motion Settings

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
MicrosoftHealth is only for US... I don't live in US so I can't download the app

Fitbit sems to work fine for now... is a good app... But I'm worried about the battery, it uses sensorcore? Or its own process to count steps?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Absent having a Fitbit paired, it would have to use SensorCore.

So I just downloaded and set up the Fitbit App. It immediately read my steps for the day, it even scrolls back in time. That HAS to be from the SensorCore data. I've just been sitting here.

Unfortunately it doesn't report to Lock/Glance...

I'l play with it a bit more. Looks nice so far.

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Now MS health is in stores worldwide, the problem is it doesn't give you notifications of when you reach your goal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786