How can I force media rescan?

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Nokia 620 and purchased a new 32gb sd-card. I was assured here that all I would need to do was to copy the files from the old to the new sd-card and nothing else would change. But it turns out WP does no longer find my music. On XBM, all columns (artists etc.) are empty. So I inserted the old Sd-card and everything works agian.
What will do the trick to have the music from the new sd-card appear in XBM or:
How can I force XBM to read the sd-card?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you "hot swapping" cards?

Always unmount card, power down, remove card. Insert card, power up, open App and let it search for media.

​If that isn't the issue... Try with the new card in and connect to PC via USB. Open the Windows Phone for desktop App and let it search.

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It worked alright but I tried to add files later using MusicBee. This did not work at all. Not only that MB needed ten hours or so for syncing, the playlists did not show up either.
So all that remained was to reformat the sd-card.
However even after reformatting the card, Windows Phone still displays information that by rights should have been abandoned (genres e.g.). This is so despite the fact that in Windows Explorer all folders of the phone display as empty.
The Xbox Music nightmare continues...
Every single f***ing time I want to sync my phone I end up reformatting the sd-card and retransfer 16gb or 32gb of music...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb