How can I get unknown local accounts to go away?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Unknown local accounts will not go away

For months random local accounts have been popping up on my computer. I have never let anyone else use my laptop, I am the only user and my account is password protected. I would always delete these random accounts when I noticed them, but sooner or later they always reappeared. For a while a local account named Rebecca would continually pop up, and every now and then I'd see some other random users who would disappear after I deleted them, but Rebecca always came back. A short time before Windows 10 came out and I upgraded one of the random accounts kept reappearing, and at some point they replaced Rebecca. This is a local account named sdnftnmnax and ever since the Windows 10 update I have been deleting their account nearly ever other hour only to have them show up again. I don't know if any of these accounts are causing any harm or if they have access to my files, but it's getting really annoying and I just don't want them on my laptop.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unknown local accounts will not go away

It sounds like your computer is stuck in demo mode and is displaying the dummy accounts that go along with that.

Are you able to take it back to the store you purchased it from and have them exit Demo Mode for you. It would require whatever Admin password they used to set the device in demo mode.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss