How can I retrieve the ?email? application?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Retrieve the ?email? application

Hello,

I have a new Surface RT. I would like to install the app for my Yahoo mail and outlook email accounts.
Unfortunately, I have uninstalled the default app ?email? from which I would be able to set up my account.
Can someone tell me how to retrieve the app? I have no clue.

Thanks a lot!

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
go to the windows store and redownload the Mail, Calendar, and People app. if you can't find it, go to your account once you load the Store app and search for it. and redownload it. if it's not available for redownload, reboot your machine. and then try it again.

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Y'know that you can link your yahoo account with your Surface. Go to email (start screen one), swipe left to bring up the charms bar, go to settings, then to account, then add accounts where you can link your yahoo account with your windows account.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
he accidentally uninstalled the "Mail, Calendar, and People" app. he needs to reinstall that before he can add the Yahoo account.

note that there was a dedicated Yahoo Mail app for Windows 8. I have it because I installed it way back when. However, I heard that they removed it from the Windows Store so it might not be available anymore (I can still get it because it's part of my download history). In some ways, it's better than the default Mail, Calendar, and People app. But it's broken in other ways which is a shame since it had so much potential. Sad that Yahoo discontinued it.

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
he accidentally uninstalled the "Mail, Calendar, and People" app. he needs to reinstall that before he can add the Yahoo account.

note that there was a dedicated Yahoo Mail app for Windows 8. I have it because I installed it way back when. However, I heard that they removed it from the Windows Store so it might not be available anymore (I can still get it because it's part of my download history). In some ways, it's better than the default Mail, Calendar, and People app. But it's broken in other ways which is a shame since it had so much potential. Sad that Yahoo discontinued it.

Can't he just re-download the app though?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
yes, he can redownload the new app. but for a new user, that's not obvious. you expect these apps to come with the computer and with Windows. If I uninstall a Windows feature, I can go to the control panel and reinstall it. But with these apps, you are expected to go to the Windows Store which is not obvious unless you're already used to it.

Plus, one time I had a problem with the "Mail, Calendar, and People" app so I had to uninstall it to redownload it. But when I went to the Windows Store, it said it was installed already. It hadn't refreshed yet to know it was uninstalled. It took reboots and just waiting a period of time before the uninstallation was detected before I could reinstall it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo