how can i set the timeframe for reboots?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am using a "Microsoft Lumia 640 Dual SIM" with windows10 mobile.

version 1703 build 10.0.15063.1506

Reboots happen out of thin air and without previous notice.
Reboots are not related to battery charge, it happens when loading the battery and with a full battery. battery life is normal.

i found "reboot options" in the menu and it sais "set timeframe" and there is a switch to set it active but the switch cannot be switched!

i get to choose a time and a day but both options are grey (possibly because i cannot set the switch.

the third option is about notifications "prior to reboot you will see a message" and i have set it to "enable".

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Is that the latest version of W10M available for your phone? If not, try upgrading. Make sure all your apps are up to date as well. What are you doing on the phone when it decides to restart? Can you give us more information?

dacone1

Feb 27, 2019
Visit site
No it is not the latest version. the W10M "2019-02" update is still in the queue.
for some reason the download stays at 0% for the last few days even though i have WLAN enabled (and connected).
the reboots did happen while checking the phone for messages or surfing the web using MS-edge with with a few minutes of standby time between each usage.
they happened in day-time (CEST) and within the "usage time" that can be set on the phone.
is it possible to open the "eventvwr.exe" in W10M?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
No it is not the latest version. the W10M "2019-02" update is still in the queue.
for some reason the download stays at 0% for the last few days even though i have WLAN enabled (and connected).
the reboots did happen while checking the phone for messages or surfing the web using MS-edge with with a few minutes of standby time between each usage.
they happened in day-time (CEST) and within the "usage time" that can be set on the phone.
is it possible to open the "eventvwr.exe" in W10M?

It may be the pending update uses up the phone resources, so it reboots? Does the phone get warm before it reboots? If so, I would suggest backing up your data, factory resetting the phone completely and then the first thing, before you install any of your apps, is to run Windows update and get the latest W10M version installed and go from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozis