How Did You Think The Media Covered E3 for Xbox and PS4?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Judging by the third-party announcements, I can see why Nintendo didn't show anything new for the 3DS.

For the Wii U? Nada (other than what they showed during the Nintendo Minute...and Indies). I'm hoping to see at least something from the Treehouse events they show. They better show Starfox soon.

I'll probably wait till 2015 to get a Wii U, then till 2016 before I decide whether to get a PS4 or an XBOne.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
For the record of those interested in looking at a console:

Best Buy is giving a $50 coupon for any console (not sure if there is a generation minimum--doubt they take Atari) traded towards a One. In addition, if you give a 250-GB slim PS3 or 360 (or better), you are guaranteed $100 in credit, meaning a minimum trade-in value of $150 towards a One...ends this week.

GameStop is giving a few, which I will break down (they do not stack):

--50% extra credit for any console when trading towards a PS4 or One...ends 7/13
--$50 for any Wii, when traded towards a Wii U...ends 6/22
--$50 extra credit for any console when trading towards a PS4...ends tomorrow, 6/12
--$100 guaranteed for any 12-GB PS3 or original/4-GB slim 360, when traded towards a PS4; $150 for a 20-GB or higher PS3 or 250-GB or higher 360
---------Note for GameStop: If you want a One, but still want the trade offers for the PS4, you can kind-of get them. You can do a trade for a PS4, then put the credit towards the Destiny PS4 bundle. You can then cancel the pre-order a few days later, get the credit, and put it towards a One.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I watched only MS conference and it was better than expected. It had great flow, game after game, no long talking, but only games, games, games. Exactly what Phil was anouncing before E3.
I was bit dissapointed that there wasn't any unexpected AAA exclusive bomb, that wouldnt leak before the event. Yeah, there is Halo5, Halo MC collection, Sunset, etc. which are great calls, but if there would be 1 one huge exclusive title, something totally unexpected, Alan Wake2 for example :D, it would be all about MS.

One thing that surprised me too is that they didn't talk more about Crackdown3 and Cloudgine. Open-world destructible environment fully generated from cloud!!! That's a next BIG thing, gives us huuge posisilbities for next years. For me personally, it's the brightest moment of the E3.

I was bit surprised that media didn't call MS as a clear winner of this E3. I think, whatever MS does it never gets same support from media as Sony, even Sony is doing just fraction of what MS has up and running for a while now. Sony and their half baken developer demos and cgi trailers, Vita TV and white PS4, lol. what else? multiplatforms, + tlou remastered, booooring. Uncharted4 - cgi trailer showing nothing and fanboys are drooling.
Sony can't compete MS in technolgoies, cloud and stuff. They know nothing about cloud and cloud computing, MS has it up and running.
It's really shame for MS, that media doesn't show appreciation MS would deserve. They need to keep up what they are doing as I think future is bright on Xbox.

Game on!!!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I watched only MS conference and it was better than expected. It had great flow, game after game, no long talking, but only games, games, games. Exactly what Phil was anouncing before E3.
I was bit dissapointed that there wasn't any unexpected AAA exclusive bomb, that wouldnt leak before the event. Yeah, there is Halo5, Halo MC collection, Sunset, etc. which are great calls, but if there would be 1 one huge exclusive title, something totally unexpected, Alan Wake2 for example :D, it would be all about MS.

One thing that surprised me too is that they didn't talk more about Crackdown3 and Cloudgine. Open-world destructible environment fully generated from cloud!!! That's a next BIG thing, gives us huuge posisilbities for next years. For me personally, it's the brightest moment of the E3.

I was bit surprised that media didn't call MS as a clear winner of this E3. I think, whatever MS does it never gets same support from media as Sony, even Sony is doing just fraction of what MS has up and running for a while now. Sony and their half baken developer demos and cgi trailers, Vita TV and white PS4, lol. what else? multiplatforms, + tlou remastered, booooring. Uncharted4 - cgi trailer showing nothing and fanboys are drooling.
Sony can't compete MS in technolgoies, cloud and stuff. They know nothing about cloud and cloud computing, MS has it up and running.
It's really shame for MS, that media doesn't show appreciation MS would deserve. They need to keep up what they are doing as I think future is bright on Xbox.

Game on!!!
Sony was praised for what Microsoft was criticized for last year.
Microsoft was criticized for what Sony was praised for last year.
That's the reaction to the two conferences were, based on what I can glean.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
***BEFORE YOU CLICK THE LINK, SEE POST immediately after MINE***
What bothers me is that last year, the criticism was that MS focussed too much on the non-gamer stuff, and not enough on the games. Fast forward to this year, and MS is now "playing it safe" by only discussing games, while Sony gets praised for announcing hardware and non-gaming content.

I just read an article from WJS:

"Microsoft was focusing on games and nothing else, while Sony also talked about movie and TV shows in the works, along with some hardware. The Sony PlayStation TV console is coming to the U.S. later in the year, after its successful launch in Japan last year, and owners will be able to stream games to their connected TV from the PS4.

Forbes gave its take in this headline: 'Sony Wins E3, by a nose'. 'Microsoft was trying to redefine itself, playing it safe and trying to make it through the day without becoming an object of derision. Sony, on the other hand, was just enjoying being Sony,' said Forbes."

MS just can't win.

I was going to start a thread but searched until I found this one. I was over at BGR and the very first post in the comment section from the article linked below said this:

"Microsoft talks about TV - omg so lame
Sony talks about TV - omg best E3 evah'

175 △"

Yes that is 175 upvotes so far. If you agree go there(below) and upvote that comment.

http://bgr.com/2014/06/10/ps4-vs-xbox-one-e3-2014/

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No, because it means going to BGR, a site that should get NO attention from people. Avoid BGR's shoddy journalism like the plague and tell your peers to do the same.

kingkoopa09

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I hate how they say ish like but failed to forget all the announcements before and after e3, like tvs coming, a few games and updates,and even leaked the new system price, so it was no question on what e3 was about, so why else would they focus on games at e3

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think MS won E3 based on quality of games and in particular the far greater number of compelling exclusives launching in 2014. The problem for MS is that so many people were predicting megaton announcements, so the briefing may have felt like a disappointment if you were hoping for that. The Sony briefing was very difficult for me to watch -- their executives were stiff and awkward on stage, their focus on TV and VR was drawn out and uninspiring, their exclusives just don't look fun. The media knows Sony is on the ropes, my guess is they are complicit in twisting facts to try and save them.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, MS did have a megaton of announcements, but they did alot of them for some reason before E3 (probably to fit it all into one E3 while giving some of the stuff some actual spotlight).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte