How do I disable secure boot?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to disable secure boot

I want to disable secure boot on my Asus transformer book T200 but after doing that Windows 10 home won't boot anymore (something about Bitlocker). I don't seem to have the Windows-option to turn bitlocker off.
Do I have to reinstall Windows 10 home after turning of secure boot?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to disable secure boot

If you have a system that came with Windows 10, then it will not be possible to turn off secure boot.

If you had secure boot turned on before an upgrade to Windows 10, then it is unsure if it is possible. Windows 10 becomes registered to the system, and I am unsure if that system includes whether or not secure boot is enabled.

Microsoft is moving to require all new systems have secure boot enabled and the ability to disable it removed. That means all systems that come pre-shipped with Windows 10 are supposed to have the option to turn off secure boot removed.

If you need to remove secure boot in order to dual-boot with a system such as Linux, then it is entirely possible that you will have to wait until Linux gets a core update to support secure boot.

Windows 10 is being billed as a secure OS, and running it on a machine along-side another OS without secure boot enabled will simply open up too many possibilities of problems and security issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aisi