How do I download ISO files to my microSD card?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Need to download ISO file to my microSD card

I need to be able to download in ISO file to my microSD card. The ISO is 4.3GB, and I simply don't have the room in phone memory, so it needs to go to my 64GB microSD which has over 50GB free space.

I am looking for an app that will allow me to download the ISO and save it directly to my microSD card on my Lumia 520 phone. I have 8.1 and Cyan installed.

In case any of you are thinking I may be trying to get a non-legit file, I'll let you know that I'm trying to get the Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 with the Windows Phone SDK, because having developed for Windows from Windows 3.1 up through Windows 7, I have at long last decided I would like to develop programs for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone that will sync with one another.

Although I can tether my phone to my laptop for downloading, this file is too big for me to use on my phone data plan, so I plan to visit an AT&T hotspot, which has higher speeds than the other places in the area. I can only access the AT&T hotspot with the phone, not the laptop. If I can do this, I can download it while I drink a cup of coffee, and transfer it to my PC when I get home.

Anyone see an app capable of this?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Need to download ISO file to my microSD card

Possibly use UC Browser for the Download, it may store it in DOWNLOADS ... as you already know, your issue will be the file sorted to OTHER & not attainable / retrievable.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's a desktop Windows program, not a Windows Phone app. Why not download and install the .iso on your PC using your home broadband internet?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I think we can infer, he's tethering his cellphone ... has NO home broadband.

For the OP, the Free Library (in your locale) may have FREE broadband pipes big enuff for the download, alternatively Starbucks, McDonalds, etc...

or, try a large University in your area, they usually have a guest account.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

A download manager would be really helpful in this situation. :/

But I possibly could have a suggestion, if the .ISO were in a torrent file you could use wpTorrent to download the file directly onto your SD Card.

And the second way would be, navigate to Storage sense and change the default save location for downloads to "SD Card" instead of phone memory and download your .ISO from Internet Explorer.

Later search where the ISO is using the Files app.

Hope I helped. :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

If your laptop doesn't have a wireless card, there are USB dongles for WiFi.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

A download manager would be really helpful in this situation. :/

But I possibly could have a suggestion, if the .ISO were in a torrent file you could use wpTorrent to download the file directly onto your SD Card.

And the second way would be, navigate to Storage sense and change the default save location for downloads to "SD Card" instead of phone memory and download your .ISO from Internet Explorer.

Later search where the ISO is using the Files app.

Hope I helped. :)

That's pretty good, didn't know the search function ... will he be able to copy the file from the sdcard (it'll prolly sort to the dreaded OTHER)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

That's pretty good, didn't know the search function ... will he be able to copy the file from the sdcard (it'll prolly sort to the dreaded OTHER)

I'm pretty sure he will be.

Maybe he should try downloading a small file first and if it works, then he should proceed to downloading the huge .ISO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire