How do I edit album info when transferring music to phone?

Mp5ben

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Transferring music to phone

Okay so I've been using windows products all my life and have NEVER had this much trouble transfering music to my phone! I download music and use File Explorer to send to Windows Phone. Okay, it sends it. Open on my phone and it has "01, 02, 03" in front of the songs and (.mp3) after each one! I HATE having this unorganized mess on my phones music! I've gone into File Explorer and renamed all the files but after sending to phone the same **** is still there! I've tried Windows Media player too with worse results. How can you edit album info or is there anyway to transfer music in a non retarded way? I'm sick of having these small annoying problems with these Windows Phones. I hate iphones but may be forced to switch after all this BS with banking apps, regular apps, sucky music app, etc. Why couldnt they just stick with Zune's software?!?! Speaking of, I'm going to buy another Zune HD just for music uses in the Jeep since the windows phone obviously cant handle it. :straight:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Transferring music to phone

Any way you could post a screen shot of this problem? I have all kinds of music on my 1520 and haven't had any issues. I just drag and drop my music to the music folder on my phone or the sd card.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: Transferring music to phone

I use an old version of Media Player for transferring music. Seems to work just fine. Files should have correct tags though (to prevent the Music app doing all sorts of odd things). I use Modern Music app on the phone.
If you're sure the files are tagged correctly and the app still displays rubbish, you could try clearing out the (hidden) Artist, Album etc. folders on the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss