How do I get Internet Explorer?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I switched to Windows 10 and now I haven't been able to find Internet Explorer which I need.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Internet Explorer is in Windows 10. Click on "Start", then type "Internet Explorer" - it should appear in the search results as a Desktop App.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
To get help from someone here you need to provide a little more information. What happens when you start Edge or Internet Explorer and try to open a website? How is email not working?
To me, it sounds like you don't have an internet connection working on your PC.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't get internet email or anything since I got Windows 10. I have to use my iPad to contact you. I am very unhappy windows and Microsoft right now.

Hmm, try checking the DNS settings of your PC - when I upgraded to Windows 10, it turns out that this was the problem.
1. In Start, type "Network", then click on view Network Connections.

2. Right click on the adapter you use to connect (in my case, which is through Wi-Fi, it is "Wireless Network Connection").

3. Click on "Properties" in the pop-out menu.

4. In the window that shows up, click on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and then click on the "Properties" button.

5. Make sure that "Obtain IP Address Automatically is selected".

6. Enable "Use the following DNS Server Addresses" and type in "8.8.8.8" and "8.8.8.4" in the provided spaces.

7. Close the opened windows, and check if you can access the Internet already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss